Chest/breast pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

Got suddenly sick Thursday and had projectile vomiting very suddenly and I leaned over fast at edge of sink trying to catch it and hold it til I could get to the trashcan and ultimately the toilet. But when it shot out and I leaned over I had the most God awful intense sharp pain between and behind my breasts. It felt like a muscle either tore in two, or like my chest cavity frickin blew up. The shock of it and pain, made me accidentally inhale so I was choking on my vomit that was stuck and I couldnt breathe until I could make it go one way or the other. I collapsed, trying to crawl to the phone to call 911 or my neighbor... and finally got it up and could breathe. I treated the chest pain as a pulled muscle and tried to ignore it. But it has gotten so bad, I can barely move my arms or inhale. Something in there feels damaged and the pain is just about intolerable. It was so bad today I cried and couldn't even change my shirt without help. We decided on the ER even tho I cant imagine how thet could help and felt silly going. But traffic was stopped due to wreck and road shut down for hours, so we came back to rest til it cleared up. I since decided to wait and if it's no better tomorrow we'll go. Most bizarre thing I've ever experienced. And cant imagine what could be goin on to hurt this badly and I have a high tolerance for pain with what all I've been thru. I feel silly going for an expensive ER bill to be told it's a strained muscle they cant do anything with, but I can barely breathe. UHH!!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.