Chest discomfort

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi ladies,

Hope all is well. I was wondering if any of you experienced chest pain leading up to your period? Kind of feels like heartburn/gastritis. I feel it in my chest and sometimes in the middle of my back. So annoying. I've gotten this before but you know how a symptom can disappear and then suddenly reappear only worse? These menopause symptoms are a true nightmare!

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I went through the same thing to the point when i started menopause I thought I was having heart problems and had every haeat test available on,y to find it was due to menopause. And I am a person who will be on the floor in pain before I get medical attention. This heart pain was terrifying. It started in peri menopause. The only thing I relied on is my sis who is 5 years older than me had the same problem. I started hrt and  got some relief but the hot flashes and chest and back pain still come and go.
    • Posted

Thanks Patricia for sharing. It is comforting to know that you are not alone. I have run back and forth to the ER in the past thinking it was my heart too. Thankfully all was well. They usually just give me an antacid after all the heart stuff comes back normal.
  • Posted

Yes! And then I think I'm having a hear attack! Then if course the anxiety and worry sets in! Good grief. In Oct. I had such horrible chest pains it literally woke me up out of a sleep. Since heat trouble runs on my maternal side I went to the Dr. I had a stress test and heart check, everything A ok. But I still have some chest pains...sometimes it's gas (I'll take gas-x) but other times I have no freaking clue, cause it does hurt. UGH!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.