chest heavyness

Posted , 6 users are following.

i have being suffering from chest heavyness from last 7 months i have done every test which is normal ot happen normally when i eat

first i thought i might be a heart problem but later i found pit it has no link because when ever i do exersice i feel good .. but when ever i eat i goes bad and sometimes when i dont eat it goes bad

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Edited

Hi Malik, sorry to know your suffering with this, I've also experienced this for past 2 years and chest/lung/heart tests coming up as normal. Until just very recently I've realised it's anxiety caused by the mixed signals our brain is getting due to hormonal imbalance...ive been focusing on anxiety reducing things...like focusing on my breath when it happens, eating more B vitamins and magnesium, drinking camomile tea, and using lots of lavender oil and ylang ylang both for anxiety, also doing mindfulness meditation..and like you excercise when I can.....all of which are helping me to manage this awful symptom better and over the past two weeks it has lessened. Hope you feel better soon.

• Edited

I get this too. Have been suffering from it off and on for past year now. All heart tests are normal. I even had heart CT scan with dye and no blockages or narrowing of arteries. Several chest x-rays and they were normal too.

I am also dealing with gastritis, acid reflux and anxiety....Especially health anxiety. The chest tightness/pressure I'm certain is hormonal and so is the gastritis and anxiety. It's all a vicious cycle and I'm not sure how to make it go away.

Right now I take ranitidine 150mg for the acid reflux and lorazepam 0.5mg as needed for anxiety and they seem to help.

I hope you find some thing that works for you.

• Posted

Sorry you are suffering with gastitis, I had that too in peri! I went on Omeprezole for a while but didnt agree with me so switched to zantac, took ages to clear, can thankfully say I can eat normally again! Hang in there xx
  • Posted

That happens to me too.Sometimes feel like when I'm walking, I can't catch my breath. It comes and goes. All this week too my ears felt clogged when I sleep. When I wake up and start moving around I feel better.

• Posted

Dear malik

I think the digestive issuea with peri/meno acid reflux etc can cause this heaviness and sometimes breathlessness. I had this feeling mainly in the mornings after lying down all night. Thankfully this symptom did pass for me x

• Edited

Acid reflux and anxiety. Make sure you stay away from the following at least 4 hours before bed.

Caffeine

Alcohol

Red sauces

Cream based sauces

Spicy food

Dairy

Chocolate

Cream cheese

Sour cream

Sleep with your head a little higher than your chest. I grabbed a couch cushion and put it under my regular pillow. Helps a lot!

Look up on the internet foods to stay away from with acid reflux.

My life is so much better

Before I had gone to the hospital thinking I was having heart attacks!

God bless

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.