Chest Hurting / Always Tired / Think I'm Dying

Posted , 1 user is following.

My chest starts hurting for no reason, I get an empty/flutter feeling in my chest that flushes over me, then I start to worry I'm about to either pass out or have a stroke or heart attack. Sometimes it lasts for days and sometimes for a short time. 

Am I just overloaded with stress or is it something serious?

Been to a few Dr.s and ran all the tests, they tell me it's anxiety and prescribed Xanax, but I'n convinced it's something serious.

Are my symtoms "normal"?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I also seem to be always tired....especially after the symptoms kick in...all I wanna do is lay down.
  • Posted

Your symptoms are classic for an anxiety disorder.truth is you would have been dead already if it was your heart or stroke, as most of this forum would be. Youe feeling stress, adrenaline running thru you. Simple cause and effect on the body. You need the knowledge kf ehat is hapoening inside you so the fear lessens. Kearn about anxiety disorders and fight or flight response. Then try and eat healthy and workout. It will help you bounce back faster. Dont over think the symptoms too much, try and allow them to wash over yiu have to surrebder to it because its an adrenaline rush and if you fear it it will recycle and cause even more symotoms. Its feels awful. We all know that. Fear of it is the worst thing you can ever respond to it with. You cant ignore it, it wont let you and you can battle it ir cause then your feeding into it and you shouldnt fear it cause then it recycles and gets way worse. So surrender to it. Just be like this is my fight ir flight resoinse, im in no danger but the adrenaline is running thru me cause my mind thinks im in danger so im going to let this wash over me and it will and does pass. Learn belly breathing from bellybio app. Do the breathing and as it is washing thru you just breathe deep belly breaths slow and steady and literally allow no emotions or responses except focus on your calm deep breathes. Thats all you can do. You will clearly be tired from an adrenaline rush. Your body just went thru a lot preparing you to get out of danger. Makes sense. You can go and seek out a counselor to teach you cognitive behavioral training it will help you to understand the thoughts and how they mess you up and understand anxiety better. Its a good start. When ever you start negative thinking  which is probably a lot say change. Thats all just "change" at some point your mind will be like oh okay we have to change the thought. Good luck and stay strong. 

• Posted

It seems that adrenaline would make me want to run around, or give me energy....but this does the opposite! It make me just want to sit or lay down and focus on breathing so I won't have a heart attack!

My chest starts hurting, I don't experience a fast heart rate at all, so how could it be adrenaline?? 

• Posted

No it doesnt. Its the fight or flight response mal funtioning. There is no real danger. You already had testing its not a heart attack. I resent you the link. I spelled it wrong so i resent it. It will clearly explain this to you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.