Chest muscles tense...stabs, presure.. body tense

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, everyone

I`m new here and have this problem. I have had anxiety disorder caused by my adhd though I have newer had panic attack untlil last chrismas... yep the first one on christmas what a gift.Anyway I went to doctor and got xray it

turned out to be viral chest infection. So I spent month and a half recovering from the infection quit smoking cigs and went to e-cigs.

Everything recovered the worst part was that the infection caused me a

lot of anxiety and had many panic attack during the infection and after it has clear. now 6 months later I have learned to control my thoughts I stop the panic attack before it even starts. The thing is that even though I dont get panic attacks my chest often hurts like under the ribs.I know its muscle related because it often happens when I move its like a stab or something.Often my chest feels very heavy. I used to smoke cannabis before it made me relaxed and my muscles didnt hurt but now it different story. I feel tense all the time its very irretating. I quit smoking because sometimes it triggered my panic attack so there wasnt anything to enjoy from that. My question is "Is there anything that can relax me like physicaly ?". I have learned to somehow  cope with anxiety with reasoning my thoughts and meditation. but only time I feel relaxed physicaly is when I meditate. After a while my body gets tense again.

even I forhead and stuff.

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

sorry for the typing smile "ADHD"
  • Posted

first of all well done for giving up cannibis and smoking and secondly its good that meditation works well for you. Im not a doctor but I do know that once something triggers anxiety off its delibitating and absolutely a nightmare. I realise that this time mine started off with pain in my legs it took over twelve months to diagnose put im in costant pain and some days i cant walk through the pain, because this gradually got me down my consultant wants me to have a five hour operation to which will be impossible as i have a morbid fear of being put to sleep so that played on my mind the upshot is i will probably end up with drop foot. anyway at the time im unaware just how much this has affected me I go into depression then the anxiety becomes heightened to where i have all the symptons you state and more. in the last year i have heard of so many deaths of friends i then get paranoid about my own mortality so eventually my body thinks I cant cope any more. you dont say whether you have had any medication or help. I think if we are predisposed to anxiety a lot of it causes over thinking and boy i should get a medal for mine. im on medication and I do meditation but still in a little corner of my brain im over thinking I am trying not to like you i will sit and meditate. this is a stab in the dark but if you meditate would you consider healing? to help you relax or if you dont like the idea reflexology? I say this because i do both and have had both and having them works for me. im also going to try cbt I have read on here it works for some and not for others so until i give it a shot i wont know. hope i have given you a little bit of reassurance 
  • Posted

Your story seems very similar to mine.. In 2011 I had weed induced panic attacks and ever since I've never been the same. It came back in 2016... And my body has been very tense for the past 4 months.

The best advice I can give you is.. If you can exercise do it.. It will release a lot of that tension/adrenaline on top of the meditation. Also progressive muscle relaxation helps a lot for anxiety and tension. I would aim for 30-45 minutes daily until you improve.. YouTube is great for anxiety meditation / PMR

For the chest pain.. Your Gona have to basically stop thinking about it and try your best to reduce your stress and anxiety levels through whatever way you can.. Magnesium supplements is the best for anxiety chest pain definatly get on that... Eat a clean diet / no sugar or junk or stimulants / caffein when your in a state of anxiety. And PMR chest stretches will help. Goodluck m8

• Posted

Thanks all of you.. my question is if there are some musle relaxants I am taking stimulant medication every now and then because ADHD is difficult for me but my musles are so tense
  • Posted

How did you cope with panic attacks? sad I have them and I cant control.  To relax you can take camomille tea and yes magnesium does help a lot when taken on a daily basis for about 2 months as prescribed by my doc.

• Posted

Give your brain more logic thinking... first you have to find the stuff that causes your panic attacks.. you find the trigger.. for me it was physical health I was worring and had chest infection which I didnt know about but then went to doctor he told me its nothing to worrie about but damage was already done because my head was filled with obssesive thoughts of my healt.. Anxiety makes you think in pritive ways because fear doesnt have time for logic. The way you stop it is by thinking about the problem when you feel panic attack coming. Like "Its normal that my chest hurts it naturally cused by anxiety" you have to conbining it with calm breathing not in out in out.Rather then that breathe in deepest you can an push it in you tummy not chest ! With each inhale and exhale count to 5 if you cant do that cout to 3 and increase it when you can. I know it seems imposible at first but do it every time you feel like you going to have a panic attack and it will slowly go away. What happens is your brain realeases more dopamine and serotonin which will prevent the panic attack by sending positive signals. Just think logically do it evey day for week you will se inprovement. I wont go away at once. What also helped me was rubbing my chest on bare skin or my forhead to get distracted first. combine these together you have powerful weapon. Reaserch meditation and calming technicues. I would like to help you more but I would writte a book by then sorry if you have question feel free to ask
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply, I will try what you suggested as from today itself. Wish you full recovery
  • Posted

Rational thinking if a person can think long enough in the right frame of mine does help. Key is try and hold the rational thinking.
  • Posted

Thank you as well for your suggestion the thing is it seems difficult and I many times called 111 or straight ambulance like in 3 am...  but it always made me feel better what I did was I keept thouse things that they put on your body when they scan your heart beat  to remind my self that its just fear it always faided away when I saw it make something to remind you that its just fear nothing to be worried about smile
    • Posted

hey i was same like you, jumping to hospital every night, however i felt better after they did ecg and told that I have no issue. Panic attacks are so crazy at times. But we need to find ways to stop it, it will drives us crazyy sad
  • Posted

Next time keep those thing that they put on your body it does help when you see them it recalles to positive memory inturns callming you down I hope you well and that you`ll find your way smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.