Chest pain 😞

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi just after reassurance it's been a year now that I was told the chest pain and fatigue and breathlessness is down to anxiety I was first on fluoxetine but didn't agree now I'm on 50g sertraline I have felt ok all week but today I've been really bad with my chest it's really scaring me today it feels like someone is sitting on my chest and squeeze my breasts it's so painful I'm freaking out sad

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

That's a clear sign of anxiety! Chest pain and feeling of discomfort as well as nausea are the 2 most common signs! Don't worry been there, used to feel my chest aching /burning/not being able to breathe and yet here I am! Have a happy new year and best of luck!

• Posted

Its probably just a bad day.. I've literally had chest pains/heart palps probably 330 days out of the past 365 days.. If it's been told it's only anxiety, then just try calming down. Its probably just a bad panic attack. Try some belly breathing to calm yourself a bit

• Posted

Hello Louise

There is a condition called Old Hagg, it feels like someone is sitting on the chest. In Victorian times they thought it was a succabus  preventing the person from breathing.Of course today it can be part of anxiety or conjestion etc. In this case you may be best to get yourself to your GP if the sensation does not go away.

I would think your problem is anxiety and if you feel you need to be checked over make an appointment.

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.