Chest pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

Does anyone else get really bad chest pain with their anxiety? Like shooting pains in your chest? Feel like I'm having a heart attack

0 likes, 9 replies

Report / Delete

9 Replies

• Posted

Hold it right there, Missy. Your thoughts are flying away with you. You are not having a heart attack. You are not about to die. You are not going mad. There is nothing wrong with other than your bodys' defense system has kicked in. It has flooded your body with adrenalinel. You are experiencing the uncomfortable sensations caused by adrenaline, that's all. It will tense up your chest muscles and this causes pain. It also increases your heartbeat and your breathing and causes sweating and anxious thoughts. Nothing will happen to you. You are experiencing anxiety, which feels horrible but will do you no harm whatsoever.

You will be ok. big hug xx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I feel really lightheaded now too😞 it's died down now but I'm completely drained now I hate it so much😞 especially cus I woke up with it! Thank you so much for your help xx
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I get those, I described them to my doctor as quick sharp prick like pains. She assured me it's certainly anxiety. When I've had them in the past I've found that my upper body aches the next day too from all the tensing. I'm the worst for health anxiety so everything I feel is always the worst case! My stomach was churning constantly the night before last and I managed to convince myself I had stomach or bowel cancer!! I can sympathise in how you're feeling... Big hugs xx
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yeah that's exactly how they feel! There horrible😞 especially this morning I have them really bad on my left side😞 then I couldn't breathe and got seriously light headed😞 it's the worst! Xx
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Yes I do ! I had an ECG on my heart to make sure there wasnt anything to worry about though... It was just me being anxious all the time ! Does your heart feel like its beating fast alot ? Try utubing relaxing / mediation it helps x
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I can sympathise with you here, I get a lot of chest pain from anxiety and panic. Not I mention a million other symptoms but I found this one of the hardest to deal with. Got taken to hospital twice in an ambulance as thought I was dying, had every test under the sun And turns out it's just anxiety. It's very cruel and exhausting, I'm constantly tired and pretty much had to quit my job. But it gets easier to deal with as deep down, you know it's only anxiety causing your symptoms.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up