Chest pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all,

I am a bit concerned, i'm hoping i can reassured, but I do plan going doctors this week.

I am experiencing a dull chest pain, well more like a tightness, it was something I only ever noticed at night.  Today, because I have been researching it, have noticed it a lot more.

The pain is always from the same area, on the left side of my chest, about 3 inches north-west of my nipple.  

I had convinced myself it's a muscle problem, as I have quite poor posture, and get knots in my back quite regularly - but in reading some of the things it could  be, getting a bit scared,  i'm 29 years old, so don't i'm hoping my arteries aren't narrowing just yet.  I'm thin, used to walk a lot, average-to-poor diet. 

So just wondering whether, this could be something that sounds familiar to anyone, and it's minor and nothing to worry about so much.

I would say I am quite an anxious person anyway,  but then again wouldn't the tightness in the chest appear more often if it was that?  And not just almost exclusively at nighttime when I am lying down?

Thanks for your reading and your time.

Dale

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Oh boy. Never look up your symptoms. The results on the internet will only scare you. I'm glad you're going to the doctor because it's best to rule out any medical causes, but it sounds like you're experiencing classic anxiety symptoms. Scary feelings that most of us here have had. Try not to worry too much, and believe whatever news you hear from the Dr, which will most likely be that you're fine and healthy. smile Feel better 

xxx

• Posted

It sounds like the pains you have are to high in the chest, although I am no GP and He will confirm what the problem is, I had the same feeling last week and I was visiting my GP and She checked it and said in was muscles

Serious heart problems at thirty are not that common although I am not a Doctor and I always xplain that to people

Be confortable in your own skin and see your GP.

Posture causes problems with the head and nck, this can transmitt down the shoulder from the spine, if you bend over a computer to long and you are sitting in a squelchy settee it could be been scrunched up. Personally with my health I am Chronically Disabled I look at other things bfore going for broke.

That does not stop me advising you to see your GP and get checked over. Put your mind at rest

Let us know how you get on

• Posted

Best to get checked out but it sounds very familiar to the chest pain I get with my anxiety. Honestly sometimes I think I must be having a heart attack!
  • Posted

Hey Dale. Sometimes central chest pain, that gets worse when lying down, can be acid reflux.

Researching your health issues online can be useful, but if it gets excessive or you can't handle the added stress, take a break.

You might benefit from improving your diet, posture, and stress levels. Take small steps and improve a little as often as you can. Sounds like you know you need to.

If you feel that you're having trouble breathing, going to pass out, or the chest pain becomes intense, get to the ER. They won't make you feel bad for it. But keep in mind, the ER isn't a very fun or relaxing place, so don't go just for the heck of it. Go if you really believe you need to. Otherwise, see your doctor soon, and in the meantime do what you can to improve your health long term. You have a long way to go yet.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.