Chest pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

Could someone please explain WHY you get chest pin with anxiety, what's the actual reason for it, reassurance and understanding needed , thanks

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I get chest pain all the time had 7 ECG & bloods all came back normal I'm convinced that it can not be down to anxiety surely!!!

I went doctors today about my chest pain & she thinks it's muscular. Drives me mad!

• Posted

Thanks, I know it's so annoying sad

How does your chest feel and where? And how long for?

Sorry for the questions sad

• Posted

No it's fine

I get it in the middle of my chest normally & it's hard to describe the pain sometimes it's a stabbing pain then other times I can only describe as discomfort then makes me panic & dizzy!

Where is your pain?

• Posted

Annoying isn't it!!

If your like me the chest pain is muscular although it really doesn't feel it. It's basically anxiety causing you to tense up and constantly not relaxing your muscles just puts a lot of strain on you.

I get very tight chested, sometimes wheezy, sometimes racing heart. Also crazy tension headaches that last week's.

The doctor put me on amitriptyline. 10mg at night. Best night sleep ever and no more tension or chest pain!.

• Posted

The only other thing to think about is your breathing. Do you hyperventilate a lot or breath shallowly and slowly when anxious? I know I tend to hold my breath a bit.

Sometimes poor breathing habits developed with anxiety even subconsciously can cause muscle tension and that tight chest feeling through basically cramps.

Try to relax and practice some deep breathing. Search belly breathing on YouTube. I thought it was daft at first but when done correctly it provides a lot of relief and really shifts the muscle pain.

Hope this helps.

• Posted

Hi Thomas,

Yes I know he to breath properly I just have to remember to do it, I find myself breathing slowly & not pushing my tummy out when breathing out, I need to get used to doing this.

I've had chest pain for about 2 years & I always still think it's a heart attack even though I've been checked on numerous occasions so annoying!

• Posted

Generally it is just stress and anxiety. The more you worry the worse it becomes.

If not already talk to your GP and have a few tests.

When you get the results and all is ok, please trust your results

B.

• Posted

Your body never gets a break with anxiety.. Mix that along with daily things like carrying groceries, a child, books, or just cleaning the house, and our muscles are a disaster. Mine is always in the left side, either in the middle of the sternum towards the left side, above and right below my left breast, on my side, and under my left armpit. Also in my left shoulderblade.

I've had several ekgs, an echo, a holter, chest xray, and CT, along with Bloodwork. I'm just finishing a 4 day long panic attack and my muscles are so sore. I also get heartburn 10x more than I used to.. It just happens.

If you haven't been checked by a doctor though, make sure you do if it becomes very frequent.

Aside from the regular muscle issues, there is costochondritis, which is What I have along with I'm sure a ton of people in here have. Extremely common, no dangerous.. Muscles on your chest wall swell and make us completely sore. Some ibuprofen, heating pad and rest when it acts up.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.