Chest pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys, I have anxiety which I am fully aware of and accept, I can even ignore but one thing which sends me through the roof is chest pain.. sometimes.. not always,in fact once every 3 weeks maybe I will get like a short shooting pain through my chest (along with other anxiety symptoms) is this normal? What's your chest pain like? Please help!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Depending on your age, this sounds like Anxiety. If you feel there is more to it see your GP.

If you have seen your GP and He is offering a treatment plan, take it and live with the results.

BOB

• Posted

Thanks, I'm 23 F! My GP has already told me I have anxiety but it's just so hard to accept isn't it.. wondered what others peoples cheese felt like... I understand that anxiety causes chest pain. It don't understand the mechanisms as to WHY and what's happening in my body to make my chest hurt sad

• Posted

I suffer a Reactive Depression with a Chronic Disability, in my case my Anxiety is something I live with and I am sensitised to pain. My condition is a positive pain condition and when that happens my pain can be quite a lot over the top.

In your case you are sensitised in a way by anticipation and that can be a real problem. If you can accept the pain and move on you will be fine.

The problem is you are not allowing yourself to not feel pain, you need after tests to give yourself permission th let the pain go as pain in your situation is counterproductive and you need to understand that and run with a confidence you are ok

BOB

• Posted

Hi Nab 183 - i have been through all sorts of chest pains that anxiety can cause. Both the shooting types as well as the consistent lingering types. However I got myECG done and despite my HR being super high during the ECG (due to situational anxiety of being in a health check up) my ECG came clear.

Ine thing that my doc said was that if you get your chest pain while you are still ( sitting down or relaxing on the bed) its usually not heart related. Angina typically shows up when you are walking or exerting.

Si I wiuld say you should relax and try and address the root cause of your anxiety.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.