Chest pain and anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, so when I have a panic attack or when I feel one coming I seem to get chestt pain sometimes it's all full and achy and other times it can be sort of sharp it never lasts longs but it can occur more than once in like an episode however sometimes when I'm calm and normal I will feel like a twitch or something in my chest and ofcourse I go into overdrive and it causes me to panic so abit if vicious circle, I am going the doctors about my panic attacks tomorrow so I'll be bringing this up but I was just woundering if anyone else gets this and what they don't help it if any

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Alright Mate I get shooting pains in both sides of my chest and sometimes a constant pain is this what your getting ?
    • Posted

It does only seem to be the left hand side to be honest but I have had some in my right,
    • Posted

Cheers mate it is mainly my left side just in the right sometimes as well I think more when am thinking about it the right side starts to kick in
  • Posted

I get all kinds of chest pains when I am anxious, it's normal for me. Talking to your doctor about it is a good idea. Medication should be able to help you.
    • Posted

Do you get it in both sides as well it was just my right side to start of with but it's gone to my left the longer I've had the anxiety
    • Posted

I agree with the length I've had anxiety, would you guys say the type of pain changes or the pain goes elsewhere such as the arm or side of the chest or top of rib cage?
    • Posted

Some times it's a sharpe shooting pain or a constant pain like some ones poking me in a spot it changes one can set the other off tho I think .. Yeah I get little pains all over sometimes too and like numb arm or they feel like they have pins and needles
    • Posted

Yeah I do seem to get th pins and needles stuff sometimes aswell, hoping my doctor has a regular explanation for me tomorrow hahah
  • Posted

hi i do get a lot of chest pains and i keep thinking i am having a stroke i have gone to hospital with the chest pains they have done lots of test and said there is nothink wrong i am having a pannick attack it fills reallt horrible dont it

• Posted

Do you lot get the tight chest and throat feeling ? And when I keep thinking about it I starting feel like I can breath then struggle to get that thought and feeling out my head

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.