Chest pain and cough

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all

Does anyone else suffer chest pain with every cough while suffering this awful reflux, getting very scary now as even though I'm taking 20mg omeprazole twice a day I'm suffering terrible symptoms

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Kate 

Do you elevate your bed at night, and eat 6-8 small meals a day?

Also cut out fried, fatty foods, tomatoes, chocolate , mint, citrus.

• Posted

Hi Matt

Again thanks for your reply, yes my bed has been on blocks for over a year, not the most comfortable but I got used to it, I haven't eaten chocolate, or anything fried for so long, I'd love a bag of chips, lately I'm going through a lot from cough which I never thought had before to sore throat, chest, back and face pain, I'm getting really scared that I have something bad as its gone on two years now with very little relief from 40mg a day omeprazole, had endoscopy in 2016,fell I need another one but doctor puts me off

• Posted

Maybe Because   your LES is not closing all the way  and acid Is creeping back up somehow. 

I’m not having a great relationship with my G.I. doctor. He doesn’t give out a lot of information unless I ask. 

He should listen to your concerns and have follow up surveillance Endoscopes .My suggestion would be go to your general practitioner who knows you well a d ask him to give you a referral for a new G.I.

I wouldn’t worry yourself to death. It sounds like you have many of the symptoms as others Have . 

I’ve Really taken charge on my diet 

And eat tiny little meals like a bird .

Definitely stop eating three hours before going to bed. For me this has helped a lot along with taking the omeprazole 20 mg . 

They definitely have procedures to help if you’re Les is weak

I’ve read you can have chest pains, ear aches, sore throat, headaches, abdominal pain, etc. I have also researched that a lot of doctors diagnose people wrong and think it’s sinus infections and things like that. When it’s actually acid reflux

• Posted

Tks for your help Matt, do you manage to keep your suffering at bay with just 20mg per day?
    • Posted

Sorry Matt meant to ask what proceedure do you mean to strengthen les?
  • Posted

Even after taking 40 mg PPI which is a high dose, if you're getting heartburn it's severe GERD. I suggest you go to a doc ASAP. Don't wait for March or May, Kate.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.