Chest pain and under ribs

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all

Iv been suffering from pains in my chest for over 2 years now .been checked out by the doc and its not heart problems. Seems to be a stomach problem still don't no for definite. If been taken ranitidine 150m and omeprazole 20m twice a day seems to of helped a bit but not 100%.since taken these tablets been a couple of weeks iv been getting bad pains in the morning under both sides under my ribs in the morning .when I move it hurts and when I stretch as well only for a couple of hours then the pain gos any ideas on what this can be I'm seeing the doc next week

I'm 30 year old male

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Chest pain can be caused by indigestion. You could try coming off omeprazole to see if the rib pain goes away and then you will know whether the PPI cause your pain. Another possibility is gastritis which can also cause rib cage pain.
  • Posted

Sounds like you are suffering an upset tummy, and  it has been going on for a while explain yor problem with yor GP. Make your appointment

BOB

• Posted

Hi. I would suggest something different which is costochondritis which is inflammation if the cartilage and often missed. I would ask about that when seeing my gp. I have suffered IBS type symptoms and costochondritis and have an auto immune disease. I din't actually have IBS when it was finally diagnosed properly I have gastritis which is inflammation of the stomach lining. Ask for a gastroscopy to get a proper diagnosis. Often IBS is bandied around without proper diagnostic tests being done. Am often suspicious of it as a diagnosis. If you are not reacting to the medication you are mentioning then look further for an answer. Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Tommy, I think you need to explain this to a health professional like your doctor. We can only guess what this is. It could realistically be anything. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.