Chest pain at start of menses, should I be concerned?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am 47. Always right at the start of my period for a couple days I get a pain in center of my chest. I had a holter monitor test and ekg in past and they were normal. Does anyone else experience something like this? It has happened on and off for months.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Do you experience any other symptoms like trouble taking in a deep breath, discomfort(warm feeling) in lungs, palpitations or sharp pain in armpit? Every month before my period and when I was ovulating I was getting these symptoms and it turned out I had multiple pulmonary emboli. Are you taking, or have you taken any female hormones?

• Posted

Never have taken any hormones. I have no issues when breathing in. I do have pain in armpit but it's pain that comes and goes and sometimes involves aching arm. All of these sensations go away after 2-3 days of menstruating. So odd and makes me wonder if I need more heart tests.

• Posted

Changes in hormones can bring on lots of different problems, make sure around that time of month you try and avoid alcohol, caffeine and sugar try and drink plenty of water too. Do you take any supplements?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.