Chest pain...ER?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Ok so I do have anxiety, major hypochondriac

But today around 1 I came into work and about 30-45 minutes after I was helping my co worker put some clothes out on the floor, I work at Wal-Mart.

All of a sudden I felt like an ache or like a pressure in the middle of my breast it lasted maybe 1 minute or 2, actually I'm not sure if it even lasted this long, maybe shorter. After this occured I didn't feel pain anywhere else nor was I nasuaous, or disoriented. When it passed I said to myself what the **** was that. And I started to panic which caused me to hyperventilate and get sweaty which passed in like 5 minutes

I do not know what to make of it. Its been hours and I haven't felt anything else but I can't stop thinking about it.

Shorty after I did end up burping

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello! I have the exact same thing, mines more or less related to anxiety. If you worry it makes it worse. It could also be stomach acid too! Maybe try eating something or drinking milksmile or it could be trapped air! I would suggest if it carries on possibly go to your doctor and see what they suggest for you. smile get well soon!
    • Posted

It scared me because, because of my health anxiety I focus everything on the heart and anyhing that happenes in that general area i believe is a heart condition. Yesterday when I was so driving I felt like a pulsating shock below my diaphram like 6 pulses straight in a row. I haven't experienced anything else or it again
    • Posted

I can relate to you so much! I always believe I instantly something bad will happen but it won't. Just know that nothing bad will happen to you and if you worry that there's a problem visit your doctor for a check on everything but I'm sure they'll tell you it's fine! smile
  • Posted

Hi, I would say maybe think about indigestion too, it's worth ruling out. Or it's just general, normal, bodily pain - I get very physically real, sharp and/or achey chest pains a lot, it's been happening for years and years (I'm 48) and no medical investigation has ever found a solid reason. As I've aged my panic about all sorts of illnesses has actually got ever-so slightly easier to deal with - although I can so totally see where you are and how hideous it is feeling every thing so acutely. I couldn't, and still can't, find much solace except quiet, relaxation tapes and a big glass of red wine! Hope everything turns out okay xx
    • Posted

Thank you. I talked to a coworker and she said she's experienced similar things when she was younger and it turned out to be nothing. I had an EKG 2 set of blood work 1 urine test done about 2 weeks ago and everything was normal to amount of blood cells to the size. My doctor showed me and explained everything. So I am just praying

Anyways thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.