Chest pain, indigestion, coughing, fatigue,

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I went to A&E approximately 3 months ago because I had uncontrollable coughing and coughed up a little blood in my phlegm. The doctor diagnosed me with non acute gastritis. During this time I have also had indigestion, fatigue, with my stomach acid going into my mouth sometimes. I went on meds for a month with some improvement, but my conditions went back to the same. My symptoms have not got better, I feel so fatigued all the time, I have chest pain from my left breast to my upper/middle abdomen. I have been on mastic gum for a week which has had very little effect. I constantly feel a burning/gnawing sensation. 

Background:

I am 22 years old, white caucasian. I have been smoking marijuana for 6 years non-stop, plus drinking alcohol. I have also been using prescription drugs and cocaine. I have had a history of depression, stress, and anxiety disorders. I do maintain a healthy diet and eat regularly (my appetite has not been effected), and do exercise once a week. I have also not noticed any differences in my skin. When I sit in certain positions or move my body in certain movement the pain does get worst. I have no back pain. 

I am so worried I have cancer of my oesophagus. I have had blood in my stools once but very very little. This could be because of piles. I know that someone of my age has a very low risk however I have had these symptoms for almost 8 months with no improvement. I can't sleep at night with the amount of indigestion I have. I feel so worried all the time, my vision was even blurred a few weeks ago. Sometimes when I breathe out I can feel the pain under my left breast.

Please help! SOS  

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I would cut out the substances you are taking with the help of your doctor.  These things may have damaged your stomach lining.  Stick to bland foods and avoid anything rich, spicy or fatty and avoid alcohol to help your gastritis.  Lifestyle changes may even cure it.
  • Posted

Yeah stop cocaine. And are you taking presibed meds for you. Or off the street. Stop being selfish with your body. You are just harming yourself. Marijuana is ok for stress, nausea and good for appetite. Then you can see what is causing fatigue. Sounds like the cocaine is the worst for a healthy lifestyle. Good Luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.