chest pain need info pls help

Posted , 3 users are following.

How bad does chest pain get with anxiety. My wife suffers with anxiety and gets chest pain to the point where her leg shakes with the pain . This pain is also felt in her shoulders and back . She has been been to the docs and had a ECG results are fine . Can the pain she gets be this bad and last for an hour or more .pls help

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Darryl, i get this all day everyday so i guess the nswer to ur quesrion is yes. I get it chest back shoulders neck and arms and legs
  • Posted

I get chest pain so regular and so much iv had a heart ultrasound about 12 ecgs in the last year and hospital and doctors visits so much I have many more problems too I had horrible chest pain for a full day my friend who is on here Laura also has chest pain to the point she is crying nearly all day anxoety can cause so much and I think chest pain is the most common hun
  • Posted

Thanks for your help we wondered if it was anxiety or something else . I suffer myself with anxiety and don't get chest pain hardly ever .when my wife gets this pain out the blue there are no other systems at all shes not worrying or thinking about anything the pain just comes
    • Posted

Sound just even more like anxiety just comes on out the blue so you get worried it's anxiety feeding just like people that have panic attacks they come on out the blue so it can feed
  • Posted

Such a power full thing anxiety that can cause so much pain and heart ache . But in the end it don't actually harm you but it scares the hell out of you for a short time
    • Posted

Agree so much try to reassure her and if she does get worried she can always ring 111 if your in UK
    • Posted

111 mmmm I watched a documentary on 111 and they are not medically trained they read things off a screen better off going direct and wasting not time 999 from what I have seen . But thanks anyway I do try and reassure her telling her this has happened lots of times and your still here its the not knowing what causes it that starts the panic

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.