Chest pain put down to Gerd

Posted , 5 users are following.

So for a week now ive been having chest pain, Last sunday it was severe i called 111 who sent out ambulance. My chest was crushing and the pain radiated down my arm into my back and neck. I felt faint and broke out in a sweat, Ambulance came and ECG was normal so they left. All week i have felt Sick constantly and had a constant chest pain coming and going. Friday i fainted and had the sensation i couldnt breathe again radiating pain, my vision was blurred, felt like something was squeezinf my chest and each time it did my whole body went numb, Went to a&e ECG was normal again I felt worn out like i had run a marathon. But soon as they found i had GERD they said yeh its probably that causing the chest pain and all the rest is me hyperventilating even though my vision is still blurred. talk to your doctor about changing medication. So today all day I feel faint, Lightheaded, Sick, Chest pain and Extreme Tiredness.  I have tried to look online but all everything keeps saying is heart attack/ Angina etc. I even rang 111 again to see if i could get a out of hours appointment today to which they wanted to send a ambulance but after two normal ECG's I refused and said it was ok ill take myself to a&e which i havent. I am really feeling so unwell now. 

Going to book a doctors appointment tomorrow but just wondered if anyone has anything similar? 

thanks in advance 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

yeh i did rochy but not as extreme as yours. When i was really stressed and anxious last year i took myself to the docs with heavy chest arm pain jaw pain numbness.

i didnt have any ECGS or anything as when i saw my doc he calmed me down and considering the fact id already been diagnosed with suspected gerd 1 year prior i listened to him at that point as i had suffered panic attacks in the past.

​i would say that its definately important to rule out heart problems. I didnt feel like i was having the right level of care at the time. As the way i knew it wasnt heart related in the end was the sheer timescale that had gone past.

​It was a long road to get away from the way i was thinking when i was near where you are. I bought a hot tub and used it daily this made me feel good and it started my healing process im not there yet but feel im getting better.

​also i enjoyed having  glasses of wine but if i had too much it was counter productive and made me feel worse next day. I noticed myself unwinding when i had a drink.

find food and drink that make you happy this is very hard as to start with i found myself worrying about eating for fear of gerd.

​I didnt take anti depressants my doc prescribed for me i didnt want to i wanted to deal with it myself without drugs.

​i know its easy to say but try not to think of your problems if you have a heart attack you may aswell be calm as it will probably be detremental to panic.. just breathe slow deep. The tingling blurred vision are probably panic attack related but if there not its pointless to worry as you will probably stress your body doing it.

​sitting makes me feel worse. standing or laying much better for me.

• Posted

Hi, you symptoms you are having sound very much like I've had earlier this year and it prompted me to write the following post around 9 months ago. Wondering if you can relate to this?

Posted 9 months ago

Hi, a couple of times during this week I have forgotten to take my omeprazole which protect my stomach from the many meds I am on. Last night I nearly went to a&e as I had such bad chest pain which felt like it was stabbing through my back, under/between my breasts and up into my jaw. My eyes even went gritty. This pain lasted for around to hours and caused hot sweats and very high blood pressure. Is this a common effect of forgetting just I tablet? The pain really was excruciating :-(

• Posted

hi wish i couls but i dont even know whats going on with myself this pain has lasted for over a week now. Been and seen many people and havent got no clear answers x
  • Posted

Hello,

I would push for a more extensive cardiac work up....stress test/ stress echo.  did they draw cardiac enzymes while you were in the ER??  other labs???  It could definitely be GERD related, but my advice is to rule out the cardiac first.  It will put your mind at ease, but i feel that they cannot rule out heart by a normal EKG alone.  Good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.