Chest pain short of bresth

Posted , 4 users are following.

About a week ago I started having chest pains short of breath.. I did go to er...they treated me for reflux did a chest X-ray labs and sent me for a stress test. All normal... But yet I stillfeel horrible... So now I keep thinking its something the missed.. Maybe a blood clot or pneumonia... It's driving me crazy... And making me feel worse

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

You went to the doctor and everything is normal. A chest x-ray would have shown if you had pneumonia. Are you an anxious person? Anxiety can cause all sorts of symptoms including chest pains and shortness of breath. 

Besides the chest pain and shortness of breath what other symptoms are you having?

• Posted

Chest tightness tired alot.. Mainly my breathing though
  • Posted

You're short of breath because you're anxious. Trust me, I have thought the doctors missed something literally everyday for a year. Pneumonia or a blood clot would have showed up on hospital tests.. A blood clot you would have been gone already. Just take slow breaths, you're probably short of breath because you're hyperventilating and do not realise it. Breathe in slower and do not take deep breaths, that'll make it worse

• Posted

I really do try to focus on my breathing... It wakes me up and drives me crazy.. I just want to get back to my old self
  • Posted

Hi Tammy I'm sorry about the way you're feeling but I can definitely relate so I've been diagnosed with tachycardia and heart palpitations 10 years ago all of a sudden my medicine stopped working it started in my gut I felt nauseous I do have reflux and gastritis solid feeling short of breath feel like I can't breathe tightness in the head throat chest I still feel anxious sometimes like today but still not as bad as I was before I still have that feeling like I can't breathe cuz my breathing has changed for the palpitations but it's not as bad I'm getting out more I took some advice off of here when anxiety happens just let it happen don't try to fight it keep yourself calm and accept that it's anxiety is not going to hurt you then I came up with one on my own I just had it not to live with anxiety but make the anxiety live with me that way I'm in control I just try to keep busy even though I still think about it but I keep redirecting my thoughts

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.