Chest Pains anxiety??????????

Posted , 4 users are following.

Been having chest pains for the last 3 weeks after a bad palpitation.

Ended up having to leave work.

Before that happened I was hospitalised with another palpitation and they did ecg, 2 bloods and chest x ray and all was normal.

Am I over thinking things or should I be worried????

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You have been checked and everything is normal so do not worry, it is very common for anxiety and stress to cause chest pain and palpitations- believe me you are not the first to go to hospital to be sent home and told it's nothing. The more you think these pains are serious, the worse they will get. To me it sounds like a case of bad health anxiety, and you need to focus on trying to relax and keeping calm, and stop your mind from convincing you that "the doctors missed something" or that it's serious. Try breathing exercises, go to your doctor and get them to check it again if you think that will give you peace of mind, ask your doctor if they can prescribe you something that will help the anxiety. The sooner you accept it's anxiety, the sooner you will feel better. The mind is a very powerful thing and you would be shocked at the things it can trick you into feeling. Good luck and stay strong

• Posted

ALSO if you do- stop drinking caffeine and fizzy drinks/energy drinks and try not to have too much sugar as these can easily cause heart palps if you've anxiety.

• Posted

Hi there,

I am to a sufferer of anxiety induced chest pain.

I have been to the emergency room several times i have had the xrays the ekg the blood work and all came out normal.

This has been going on for me since July of this year. Everyday i had this constant chest pain tightness in my back and my left arm i am 23 and feared having a heart attack i have 3 babies ages 3 and under my youngest at the time being 3 months old my mother passed away... And they began they were constant everyday and when i would have them i would freak out and put my self into an anxiety attack... I got to the doctor got put on SRI's and though i still have the chest pains here and there its really only when im thinking bout them... Or im stressed out or my anxiety is higher than normal. I am actually having the chest pains as i type this. Ita very annoying and very scary but breath and know it is sure to pass and you will have good days again!!! I wish you the best of luck and also i did get put on meds for acid reflux as well which can also cuase chest pains!! Good luck i hope you start feeling better!!!

• Posted

1.Don't fight with your mind,just be with the feelings you have.Only time can heal you.

2. Do breathing exercises.

3.Eat on time.

4.Take proper sleep.

5.Counter you negative thoughts with positive ones,your doctor is absolutely fine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.