Chest Pains/Heart Palpitations

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello everyone. I'm getting tired of being so anxious, all the time. My head, neck, chest, & shoulders ache. I also, can't get my heart to stoo beating so hard &/or fast. It's really freaking me out. I don't know what to do.

0 likes, 11 replies

Report / Delete

11 Replies

• Posted

Deeeeep breaths!! Go on YouTube put your head phones in and listen too anxiety sleep hypnosis or any relaxing sleep music trust me it helps. Relax your muscles and your breathing will naturally flow through. Heart papultations are so normal with anxiety honestly don't panick. If it's becoming to the point you feel very very poorly either call 111 (if your in the UK) it's a non emergency NHS help line they can help you and tell you if it's best you go hospital or they will give you tips to relax that's worst case scenario. Your heart papultations are because your not taking enough oxygen in which is common with anxiety. So concentrate on your breathing and relax xx
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Its unfortunately one of the classic symptoms of a panic attack. A few reasons for it are your breathing too shallow and fast because your scared. So belly breathe in and have your belly expand and breathe out and have your belly flatten. Do not do not allow one thought to come into your mind for two solid minutes and just breathe.you can not allow any thoughts for two minutes its doable. Second is an adrenaline rush causes heart to go faster as in a dangerous situation you would need this rush. Saying that there is a trick, its short lived but works because it confuses the body during the adrenaline rush. Fill a basin with the warmest water you can and place both hands in the basin and breathe whilst your hand are in there. It will calm you down rather quickly. Do no allow this to freak you out is only a physical teaction to adrenaline and improper breathing. Going forward buy some holy basil and chop it up and eat a half a cup a day it has some natural chemicals that are calming in it and healthy to boot. Ginger is. Also a great thing. Candied ginger or whole piece abt an inch peel off the skin cut it up and out it in soup or tea and drink it. It is an anti inflammatory, calming qnd releves belly issues and dizzy feelings. As a suppliment take b comples every day after you have breakfast and a co enyme q10 once a day excellent for the whole bosy, the heart palps and all. Your aches and pains are from you tensing your body and extreme stress fom the anxiety disorder. In a perfect world someone would give you a five minute massage to help the muscles, or you can try to do it yourself but its not really the same. One fantastic long term fix would be to learn mindfullness techniques, breathing and healing mediations. It scientifically prooven through mris to work on all anxiety disorders. At first its hard to focus but give into it, of you fall asleep thats fine sleep is good, eventually you will stay awake and really learn it. Then when this heart stuff happens you will manually immediately use mindfullness to calm yourself. It works i have tested this with my doctor and a blood pressure cuff. Within a minute i can lower my blodd pressure its amazing, but i took a bit of time to perfect it. It will always give you a few minutes break which is well needed for the body to reset. You do not have to experience this on a daily basis, you honestly dont and if you are really fed up you have nothing to lose, except the anxiety by learning, practicing and percting this. Good luck
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up