Chest tightness and can't get full breath for a month. Help

Posted , 5 users are following.

About a month ago I started getting chest tightness and random pains in my chest I've had 2 ekgs done, a chest X-ray and blood work all coming back fine, I'm healthy and 20 years old I used to go to the gym everyday but now can't go without my heart racing and feeling dizzy and spacey, also random leg and arm pains. Is this just a panic disorder of some sorts or a heart issue? I constantly think I'm having a heart attack whenever these "attacks" occur.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

This issue is stopping me from living my everyday life. Have lost about 15lbs from not working out and having a loss of appetite
  • Posted

That sounds like what I have; anxiety. I got an EKG done, bloodwork done, uranlasis done, & a lung x-ray. Everything came back perfect.
    • Posted

What do you do to deal with it? A day doesn't go by where I don't have some sort of anxiety attack and it ruins my whole day I'm to scared to workout or play sports which was a big part of my life
    • Posted

are you on any kind of medication to help?
    • Posted

I usually, go to a room by myself and I constantly have to remind myself that I'm not going crazy. I message people, who are close to me, like this one friend I have, who deals with bad anxiety all day, just like I do. It's not easy, and often times I can't get my anxiety under control.
  • Posted

Dear Drew,

Yes could be anxiety but if you are worried get it checked out, my son is 21 had started having a racing heart (he works out too) an ecg didnt pick anything up but he kept going back and they found he has svt. This is a face pulase rate but his also can slow down to the point he passed out once. It can be treated with medication or ablation. Hopefully your problem isnt this but what im saying if you are concerned get it checked out as my son was told at first it was nothing. He had a loop recorder fitted which picked up the svt.

• Posted

Also after an episode he feels really drained and tired
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply, I am concerned as its been going on for a long time and isn't getting any better. My doctor seems to think it's 100% anxiety and gives me Ativan as a short term fix but I do have a Cardio appointment coming up, just takes forever to see someone.
    • Posted

Someone checked your hormone kevels? Testorine levels? An cardiologist is superb, wondering if you can go and get an exam with an endocrinolgoist too.the heart and  the hormones cause mimic panic attacks so you would want to rule that first and foremost. Be patient and it is annoying seeing different doctors but it is necessary so you can properly address your ailments
    • Posted

I'm not sure how those levels can be checked they may have with the blood work but I am not sure.
    • Posted

If you feel something isnt right keep pushing to see someone, hopefully it isn't anything like that but it is best to get it checked out, hope all goes well

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.