Children with hypothyroidism

Posted , 4 users are following.

First want to say I took my daughter who has been passing out 3x's over 5 months to the Dr appointment. My daughter was called back into the doctor office and they told me her TSH level is 6.780 which is high she had a vitamin D difencey cause her level was 14,my question is the 6.780 a very high number? And has anyone else past out from thyroid problem? She wants her to come back in 6 weeks for a follow-up and new blood test but I'm worried that's too long to wait for her to be put on medication with her already passing out very concerned about her, thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Did she test for Narcolepsy ?
    • Posted

I don't believe so, just a standard blood test...is this something to research?Is this a symptom?

• Posted

Narcolepsy is a neurological disorder that make you fall asleep suddenly in specific situations , but your explanation is not very clear , is your daughter passing out in the DR office or anywhere ?

If it's at the DR office could be the vasovagal reaction , it's a sudden attack of fear that triggers your Vagus nerve to relax and most blood falls to the lower extremities with consequent drop of blood pressure to the brain hence the fainting , I hope I'm explaining it right but you research it online ,it's a benign event that resolves itself by lying down to restore blood pressure evenly.

Many people have Vasovagal reaction for different reasons "or triggers" , mine is blood drawing ,if more than 3 vials of blood are drawn I start to feel the reaction but now I know and I lie down for my blood drawing. I know somebody that faints by seeing a large bleeding cut .

Hope it helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.