Chinese

Posted , 3 users are following.

I tried a small amount of chicken fried rice soft noodles and chips last night about 5-30 I was woken in the night with acid reflux and stomach pains it went on for ages. So Chinese food is another Nono for me

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Susan,

Thanks for posting this.  Chinese food does have a bit of a reputation anyway!  Are you able to tolerate chips on their own?  Fried rice on it's own? Soft noodles?  Chicken in general?  Rice in general?

Also, have you tried making your own easy stir-fries?  If you use coconut oil for the frying, and lots of lovely fresh ingredients that you know you CAN tolerate, seasoned with a simple sauce of your own (just a little toasted sesame oil is tasty) you'd be cutting out all the processed or fermented stuff and chemicals that might be added in a take-away kitchen. 

Every one is different so it's good to find out what your no-nos are, it's just a shame to throw out a whole genre of food because one dish upset you!

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. I have eaten chips and been ok also chicken. I am worried about stir fry because of the peppers don't know if they will upset me. But I might try it

• Posted

I find that I can tolerate peppers as long as they are well cooked, if not

I am in pain for a couple of days. I seem to be able to take soy sauce

and sweet chill sauce (just a little) also seesame sauce no problem

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.