Chlamydia Question

Posted , 1 user is following.

Reading the internet around sexual health topics just makes be stress and anxious. Here's my story...

I had a possible exposure to Chlamydia and Gonorrhea in February of last year (2018). That included receiving oral sex from a woman without a condom and vaginal sex with a condom.

After the encounter I had no symptoms - which I know is common with these two infections. But for peace of mind I took a test in July both of which came back negative. It's been a year and I still have no symptoms such as burning, urgency to pee or increase urination but am paranoid since when I was tested, I provided my urine sample mid-stream instead of first catch. As a male, I wasn't given any direction when I provided the sample and really just want to know does that make a difference and might it have been the cause of a false negative?

I was told by the provider that "first void urine is recommended but is not required. A midstream collection will not skew the test results. If the bacteria is present in the urine, then it will be detectable whether the sample is a first void or midstream sample."

My hope is this is all in my head but I am hopeful another male on the board might have had a similar experience.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.