Chlamydia results, did she cheat?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, i have a delima and would be grateful if someone can set my mind straight. So i’ve been with my girlfriend since august 2017 and we both had previous sexual partners. So being together for a few months we’ve had regular sex 90%  of the time with condom on. During december of 2017 we went for a blood test and the results for all negative for me but hers came back positive for chlamydia, and she never had any noticible symptoms, the only “symptom” that comes close is when i finger too rough and deep and she bleeds a little but that only happened once in mid december a few weeks before we took the blood test. So I was wondering if she cheated on me in between august to december which was how she got the infection or could she have had contracted the infection via previous sexual partners. She mentioned her previous partner was in march 2017. So my question is 1) can chlamydia in women show no symptoms at all for these many months? 2) did she cheat on me in between our relationship and got infected with chlamydia as i read that chlamydia shows symptoms after 2-4 weeks of exposure? Or 3)did the chlamydia symptom not show up at all (except for the bleeding part) and been inside her for these past months and she has been faithful to me? 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

She could have had it for a while. Just talk to her and find out. You should trust her. 
  • Posted

This post was on top and Kasey is right. There are sites that report that 75% of the time in females it does not show any symptoms. So it is very likely and possible that she carried the bacteria infection with out knowing from a previous partner and did not cheat. Since you used condoms, you did likely not catch anything - and note that in 50% of cases for men it is also silent / does not show symptoms. So make sure you are tested as well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.