Christmas

Posted , 5 users are following.

Is everyone finding this time of year as hard as I am, diet-wise?

I just want to eat comfort food because it's cold and dark and there is much more lovely food around already (not to mention Baileys!)

I intend to come off the blue tablets completely for a week at Christmas and then start again in the new year and hope I haven't done too much damge!

On a lighter note, candy canes contain only a trace of fat! Woo Hoo!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

i'm not finding it too bad at the moment as i keep telling myself i can treat myself at xmas but i'm mindful that i need to keep the general eating low fat and enjoy some small treats and not over do it as i put on weight quickly
  • Posted

I'm going to keep taking the blueys over Christmas and [u:e3e3246631]try[/u:e3e3246631] to keep eating low fat.
  • Posted

I'm going to try and be fairly good but intend to enjoy my Christmas dinner.

I must admit I'm not very good at remembering to take the tablets when my routine changes , like when I'm not at school and when I'm really busy.

• Posted

christmas will be hard im going to have my dinner with all the trimmings cant bloody wait. haha G x
  • Posted

I'm not great at remembering to take them at all half the time!

I often forget until a couple of hours after eating and then I'm never sure if it will work if I take one. Anyone know if it would still work after 2 hours?

• Posted

you're meant to take it when eating or up to 1 hour after eating. can you put post-it's somewhere in your kitchen to remind you to take it or on your lunch box if u take lunch to work etc?
  • Posted

been a bit yoyo with the weight atm, got Dr's appt on the 23rd and really don't think she (Dr not seen before) will give me them again. Am now down to under 10stone and bmi of 25, I think it was, so Christmas is going to be hard not having the tablets to keep me in check but we all have to come off them some time and manage the weight so I'm going to try and be good and I'm very glad that chocolate now taste so foul to me that I don't eat much to get the nice taste for it back. Will stock up on Tesco' low fat chocolate orange bars.
  • Posted

Comfort foods yummmm...my slow cooker is my best friend at this time of year. Beef and veg casseroles to come home to.

I'm visiting family at christmas and whilst they have been accomodating with my diet it's one time I don't want to have to make choices about what I eat. I discussed this with my GP (as I did recently for my 40th birthday celebrations). I'm coming off the tablets for a few days but mentally I know that I shall only enjoy the christmas dinner and pudding then back on plan boxing day.

I was bought a bottle of Baileys the other day...I'm giving it away. Too much temptation to undo all that effort.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.