Christmas

Posted , 5 users are following.

Wishing you all a very merry Christmas, hope it's a good one for you.

2 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jan!  How are you?  a  very merry xmas and i  hope you have a  good year.  Had my Gaul bladder out five weeks ago tomorrow, and am doing not too bad.  although, sometimes when i  eat something, i  feel as though its not going down, and get the feeling of bloat, and feel as though my bowels want to move.  I  also get the feeling that i  want to birp, but can't.  also, i  get very bad flatulance,  but i'm hoping all this disappears, and am presuming its all part of the recovery and doesn't last too long.  take care and have a  nice day.  hope to hear from you soon.  Val.
  • Posted

Hi

hope you all are having a good Xmas.  I'm waiting for a referral to have my gall bladder out so the holiday break is tinched with having this on my mind    

Everything seems to be mind over matter. 

Healthy new year

smile

• Posted

Hi

Try not to worry, it's not so bad as it seems. It is understandable to be stressing over it. But it can take some weeks (if inEngland ) to get appointment. Try to evocative and try some relaxation, do not need to be ill through stress.

• Posted

Hi  Janet

Thank you.  How did it go for you and how are you now? 

Your right pro badly be ages before the appt.  I'll keep u posted.  It is good to share

thoughts and experiences otherwise it feels like I'm might get boring talking about it. Just have to carry-on.  

Best. smile

• Posted

It all went ok, inhosp for a few days. Everyone is different and each of May react in different ways. There was discomfort, Itook pain killers. Did have a couple of bad bouts, but your body goes through being cut open and messed about with so should not expect all plain sailing. But eases over time. Due to having other bowel issues sometimes it's hard for me to know what pain goes with what. I have gone on several of the forums, which helps me. But the awful pain from gallstones is gone and that is a relief, life is getting easier. Eating better though still do the fodmap diet which helps with other issues. No regrets, just need time to heal afterwards and sensible diet and no heavy lifting. Hope you have had a good Christmas.
  • Posted

Wishing you a Merry Christmas too Janet. Sorry I haven't been on for awhile.

After doing to much Dec. 19 I was back to being o.k. again Christmas morning.  

Found out this weekend moving a heavy furniture wasn't a good idea.

• Posted

Hi Lorrie!  You silly thing!  hope your ok now.  How did you get on after seeing the surgeon?  Val.
    • Posted

He told me I was fine. That I just over did it! After all we walked around stores for 2 1/2 hours on Dec 19. I was just to much and to soon.

Moving heavy furniture this weekend wasn't a good idea either.

I'm doing a lot better. 

Lori

• Posted

Hi Lorrie!  K I think you and your daughter have gone through quite enough for the start of the year.  Sent my husband to doc today as he's been very unwell over xmas and new year.  she thinks he may have a urine infection, and excess acid.  she has taken various blood samples, and a urine sample. so we'll just have to wait for the results.  He also has a very bad chest infection.  ///So as you can imagine, it hasn't been the best of xmases and not the best start to the new year.  I'm hoping that this one isn't going to be as bad as the last 3 have been!  Val.
    • Posted

My husband has been sick since December too. Sinus infection from his cold.  He was better for Christmas then by the New Year he was worse. They gave him more meds.

Trust me I know that my daughter and I have gone through a lot.  This is her third sprain ankle in two year. The first two was her left ankle and it wasn't even a year from each other. At least since her knee was dislocated they put her in therapy and it will make her ankles better too. 

Bad knees and weak ankles run in my family.

Lori

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.