Christmas day alone?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Anyone else facing Christmas day alone this year in uk especially Yorkshire area?

And fancy meeting up if your in same boat?

Was determined a year ago that this Christmas day work be different to last year

And yet im facing a worse Christmas this year than last year due to loss of my uncle and my wife

Been horrific year

Anyone else alone and would like some company?

Get in touch

Robin

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I faced last two Christmas alone you really do feel it ,its not a good time to be alone but this xmas i am talking to my family again so im looking forward to that ,I think if you try other sights as i dont think you will get a response from here as its medical so i think most people want that support ,you could try other friend sights but please be careful if you are vunlarable people can easily take advantage of that try joining some local club or group that might be more promising ,Good Luck hope you find somewhere to enjoy the festive season
  • Posted

Hi Robin,

Yes,Christmas is a terrible time to be alone. You might like to have a look at Bereavement Support Group, it may be of help. Love to you   xxxx

• Posted

Hi Robin, I am sorry to hear you will be on your own on Christmas day and i know how that feels. For 2 years my family didn't want me, i won't go into the inns and outs. You have had a difficult year and losing your uncle and wife which will add to your lonliness and christmas highlights these feelings. There are people on here that have already stated that they are alone at christmas so i know people will be around to talk on this forum. This forum is not a medical site as such, it is used by people suffering depression and anxiety. We are all here to give and receive support. Have you any neighbors who may invite you. I actually started going to church and was invited by the vicar and his wife one year, i took a bottle of wine and had a lovely time. Church may not be for you i except. I will pray that something comes up for you and that someone will have compassion. I will be on  here christmas day, boxing day at some point if you need to talk, leave a message and i will get back to you. I will be going to my daughters for lunch this year but most of the time i will be alone. Wishing you the best.

Elizabeth. 

• Posted

Elizabeth this is a medical site that is why it is called PATIENT !!! there was no need to undermine what i wrote most people suffer from depression and other ilnesses on here, I think that it would be better to contact a group or club and yes its nice you there xmas day but its a long day so i dont really think that would help writing one letter xmas day do you ?,You need to be with people who you can talk to (live) my friend invited me to eat out xmas dinner then took me straight home afterwards to be honest made me feel worse getting left it would have been nice to been invited back even for just one drink,so i spent rest of xmas day and night alone,much better try find some activity where you can spend as much time and have the choice if you want to go home or not.Hope you find this and enjoy xmas 
    • Posted

Hello Eli bird, I am sorry if you thought i was undermining you, i wasn't, i meant that the site was used by people suffering depression and anxiety. It is not medical opinions by doctors or nurses on here, it is mainly people like you and myself that give advise based on our own struggles and experiences. Robin maybe suffering depression made worse by the fact he lost his wife and uncle this year and the lonliness of christmas is not a nice thought. I cannot offer more as i don't live in his area. In my area there are no groups available christmas day apart from the Salvation army and you have to book well in advance for a space. I was offering as others have done on here already to be available over christmas for people to chat, people

suffering from mental health can feel worse at Christmas. I am sorry if you misunderstood me. 

Best wishes to you 

Elizabeth.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.