Chronic Anxiety and afraid I'm damaging my body

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi guys I'm 22 have been to multiple doctors who say my heart is fine, I get intense fear and panic throughout the day, I will wake up to my hear racing and then lead it into a panic attack, it happens frequently and after the panic attack my legs shake and chest convulses making me even more scared. I take Alprazolam .25mg but I'm still on edge afterwords because I'm scared I'm hurting my heart by it constantly being under stress. I've lost 16 pounds in about a month, and I don't have an appetite anymore. What can I do? Is my heart going to be ok?

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Im 17 and ive had almost word for word what ur explaining every morning i wake up my heart beats fast but i also have chest pains and ive lost 10 pounds in less than a month but i too have been to many doctors and they say my heart is fine but they wont perscribe me any medication so i live like this everyday and i dont know how this post will help but i guess what im tryin to say is where in the same boat
    • Posted

Are you on any meds? I go to sleep hungry all the time because anxiety surpresses my hunger.
  • Posted

Your heart will be fine.

i remember reading in a self help book that if you realised how strong your heart muscle is you would lose all fear of damaging it ..it could beat sporadically at over 200 beats per minute for days or weeks without any damage.

hope this helps.

peter.

• Posted

Really? That definitely helps, my resting HR Is around 78 when I'm not anxious, but anxiety usually pushes it above 100, sometimes for an hour, and that doesn't do damage to it? Or the stress I feel on my chest after a panic attack?

• Posted

Consider it  a cardio workout. Yes it will be fine but you need to get this under control. Its not under control. Start drinking nutritional shakes, glucerena, boost, or  ensure it will help a lot with how you feel. Your sugar levels are most likely messed up from lack of eating. Speak to your doctor you need better meds and therapy. 
  • Posted

Yes Ive gone threw this since 6 yrs old.Hun your heart is fine its the Panic anttacks. Im on 1mg xanax 4 a day Id say you need a bump up on ur xanax.have you tried clonopin? there really good for the night time early wake up panic as we have.im 58 all these yrs.you cant walk or read them off.I know how bad it is.infact i started getting mine just going to sppointments or talking to people.my shaking is bad to be honest xanax is short acting thats why i was prescribed seraquil at night 25 mgs but i feel like a zombie on them have to drink coffee to try an wake up.But your heart will be fine id have died 1000 times and I know its scarey.my mom used to help me threw mine.when i was 16 my GF took me in her new car for a ride.I saw a bad wreck all of sudden I left the world could not breath was screaming take me home im dying.my friend tk me home told my mom which had 2 nervous breakdowns what happen she tk me in the house gave me a Librium 25 mg made me lay on couch it went away.my heart was coming out my side. meaning i cld hear it beating every where. these r so bad but you will not hurt ur heart. please trust me.at 6 my eyes an lips wld swell up. frm panic.Think i may write a book but my panic is bad.hugs and much love you can send a message anytime.-Lynn
    • Posted

Neither of you should be taking xanax and klonopin. They are highly addictive. Are your doctors insane?
  • Posted

Yes, is the simple answer.

You've been to loads of doctors and they all said you were fine.

Believe them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.