Chronic Bloating months after gallbladder surgery.

Posted , 1 user is following.

Has anyone had horrible trapped gas, gastritis and chronic serious bloating months after gallbladder surgery?

Calprotectin test came back positive for inflammation in intestines after a bad bout with gastritis. Not sure if IBD or worse. Too many strange symptoms cropping up such as yellow gold colored stool, bloating every time stomach empties.

Laying down helps as does Aciphex, tums. It acts like acid but I think bile.

When I wake up in morning I can literally feel the dreaded bubbles of gas start to fill my stomach. If I eat every 2 hours exactly that controls it to some extent during the day but when my Aciphex stops after 12 hours I am in agony again. By bedtime I have to lay down so early just to slow the bloating down otherwise I have to take Tums until I do go to bed.

I have always had IBS with multiple food and med intolerances but this is definitely not this. I know bloat comes with IBS but I never had this with my IBS before (over 50 years). I truly believe the gb surgery has caused something very wrong. Doctors are too slow and have done stool, blood, CT scan, EGD....upper endoscopy and I am literally dying of malnutrition waiting for an opening in GI.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.