Chronic bronchitis/beginning emphysema

Posted , 3 users are following.

Chronic bronchitis/beginning emphysema. I am 57-year-old female I have smoked for 30 years I have been very sick with chronic bronchitis/emphysema does anybody know how long it takes to get over this horrible feeling I've been out of work for two weeks I have no car but I can feel the thin mucus draining down my throat any suggestions 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm sorry that was I have no cough but I can feel the thin mucus draining down the back of my throat I feel horrible no energy just sick like the flu I can breathe but I do feel like hindering in it I'll tad doctor put me on anabiotic's and basic in Hailer and said we will get on a routine once I get better in about a month 

• Posted

Hi it can take a good month or so to recover from a bad bout so give it a bit more time.  If after taking the ab's it doesn't help within 5 days go back to the doctors.  Don't take any chances with your lungs.  I hope you feel a lot better soon.  x

• Posted

Oh and if you are still smoking you need to pack it in asap.  Smoking will make your chest infections worse and affect recovery time as well.  x

• Posted

Thanks y'all I have quit smoking I will never pick up another cigarette again it's been 2 1/2 weeks and yes I'm still feeling like crap so I'm going back to the doctors today she only signed a doctors note for me out for a week and there's absolutely no way I can go work in a warehouse with all the dust and feeling like I am so back to the doctors now .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.