Chronic discharge 10 years after ufe

Posted , 5 users are following.

Now along with heavy discharge, lower back pain and bleeding, all these years of trying to avoid a hysterectomy, it looks as if it might be necessary after all. Fibroids have become calcified. I see to have more problems after entering menapause

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Don't worry I've just had a partial laparoscopic hysterectomy and even though it was only on Wednesday I feel better already! X

• Posted

I'm not sure if I am a candidate for s partial. Did you have any symptoms similar to what I discussed?

• Posted

Fibroids were tuning my quality of life! Even though only 6 days post op I feel so much better! I think it's your choice what you choose to do x

• Posted

Hi

Glad your op went ok and you are feeling better so soon.

Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery

Julie

• Posted

Sorry to hear that.

How do you know calcified, are there any specific changes?

I am 54, with fibroids and endometriosis, currently on esmya to try and reduce in size before deciding whether to have total hysterectomy or not later in the year. I have been showing signs of being peri-menopausal for last 3/4 years (hot flushes, night sweats, etc) but period just got worse and worse every month until I collapsed end of last year with anaemia caused by dangerously low iron count. Bleeding is greatly reduced on treatment but severe cramps, sickess, stomach problems, headaches and dizziness not feeling like a great trade off at the moment. I am just due to start 3rd month of tablets, then I will have to come off them and probably symptoms will probably reverse!!

I am hoping that menopause will come and stop the bleeding once and for all, but I never seem to do things the easy way.

My gynaecologist recommends a full hysterectomy and no other options at the moment, so I hope the fibroids have shrunk sufficiently to postpone the decision for a while. Hospital is the very last place I want to be for a very long time as I seem to have spent most of my time there over the last 2 years.

• Posted

Hi Julie,

I've had numerous MRIs and ultrasounds that shows the calcification. I have a large one at the vaginal entrance 7.5 cm at least. It's hard to receive a pap smear , and I've tried to insert tampons for the bleeding. Too painful, intercourse is out these days. I would like to avoid an abdominal hysterectomy. I'm 62 years old at this time. Taking it one day at a time until I figure out what the heck to do.

• Posted

Hi Sylvia

Sounds like we have very similar experiences. I have been taking Esmya for 2.5 momths to try and shrink fibroids prior to making decision about full hysterectomy or not. I am trying everything to avoid the surgery, but the first month was very difficult to cope with and not looking forward to the hormone reversal in a few weeks in case just as bad. Appointment with gynaecologist at end June to see if I can have a second course in 2 months time (apparently you can have up to 4 courses of Esmya) to postpone decision for as long as possible. Hope your symptoms improve also, its very difficult to deal with on a daily basis. Julie

• Posted

Hi Sylvia

I was interested in your post as I have a large Fibroid 7.5cm. I am also post UFE. Don't think it's worked on me either.

I am currently taking Esyma to shrink it I want to avoid a Hysterectomy. I'm nearly 51

I was curious. I have been told by Gynocolgy that the Menopause will get rid of it. So would that not be the case with you? I do sympathise though as I get back pain and really heavy periods. May be worth waiting to see if your Menopause gets rid if it or even trying Esyma if you haven't done already. Whatever you decide good luck

• Posted

The fibroids haven't left and I'm 62, ufe did not work for me. I think the worse has been the discharge, can't go an hour without some type of pad. Trying to decide what to do and when. Hysterectomy is the only option I've been given . Gonna ask my Dr about Esyma. Thanks for info.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.