Chronic dizziness and balance problem, can ayone help!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've posted my symptoms many times here before, I'm 51 and had very heavy bleeding for a year.  Doctor carried out tests and told me that I have a fibroid and also FSH levels very high, however, estrogen levels still normal.  GP said I was heading for menopause.

I don't get hot flushes but my main symptoms have been agitation, anxiety has became much worse, insomnia and last but not least this terrible dizziness.  I've even been seen at stroke clinic and been told I've not suffered from this for which I'm grateful.  I've tried all the usual drugs for middle ear problems such as serc, stematil and cinnarizine.....ineffective, GP hasen't got a clue about peri and now saying dizziness may be anxiety based, it may very well be but is anyone else suffering from this debilitating symptom?

confused

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi brendababy i can sympathize with the dizziness that your suffering...

I have been like that for nearly 30 years now ...at first i was told I had menieres disease ..ive had all the tests scans ...physio done and then was told I had benign vestibular disorder ..

I have tacken all the tablets you mentioned but was told that they dont really help and that i had to learn how to cope with it all ...

I really hope you feel ok soon and your dreaded dizzies vo away ...it really is an awful debilitating sympton ..

• Posted

Hi brendababy i can sympathize with the dizziness that your suffering...

I have been like that for nearly 30 years now ...at first i was told I had menieres disease ..ive had all the tests scans ...physio done and then was told I had benign vestibular disorder ..

I have tacken all the tablets you mentioned but was told that they dont really help and that i had to learn how to cope with it all ...

I really hope you feel ok soon and your dreaded dizzies vo away ...it really is an awful debilitating sympton ..xx

• Posted

Hi my sister had this,one morning she tried to get out of bed and hit the wall. She called the dr he couldnt find anything wrong but give her sea sickness tablets,it didnt help.She then had brain scan,nothing wrong.It did go on its own,they think and i think its due to the meno.So sorry to say theres no reason or ryme for this,but it went after a few weeks.Hope this helps.xx
    • Posted

Thanks Trudy, I'm grateful to you for this, I have health anxiety and think this is making me feel worse, hope it leaves soon frown
  • Posted

Hi brendababy

i have had this and it floored me for a week. I literally could not get out of bed and I slept a lot. I caved on the third day and rang the docs who confidently advised that it was labyrinthitis and that it would pass and it did by day 5. This is an inner ear infection that affects balance, my mum had it in me too. However I was extremely dizzy if I moved quickly or laid down flat for a good six months after and as with the other 999 symptoms of peri and post meno it has not returned thankfully. Try not to worry 😃

• Posted

Thanks Mounty, the off balance dizzy sensation came on me while sitting in hairdressers on 27th March it has never completely went away although some days are worse than others, it's very alarming and the longer its there the more anxious I'm becoming, I believe i'm now in the vicious circle of symptom worry worsening symptom.

Doctors only guess with these kind of symptoms, I was told also I had labs, I'm not convinced though,

My sister was plagued with dizziness over the years and had every test possible done.  Neurologist has now advised her that she may be sufering from vestibular migraine so don't know if it's possible I have same, it's very difficult to get appointments and diagnosis.

Just hoping & praying it goes away soon, I'll never forget this time of my life as long as I live.

Thanks for caring x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.