Skip to content
Ad
in this discussion +2 following
missolympic missolympic

Chronic Hip Flexor Pain

I had a sever hip flexor tear 2 years ago (mis-diagnosed by a physio as a minor sprain). It took around 10 months to fully heal, as I was still walking around during the day, and whilst I now feel I didn't look after it properly, at the time I was fed up of not being able to participate in sporting activities.

Now, 2 years on, I am still struggling with hip flexor pain, which leaves me unable to climb stairs and lift my lef pain free, as well as finding driving/walking/bending an issue. Has anyone else had a lasting effect from a hip injury? Are there any hip braces available I can use? 

I am getting more and more fed up with being worried about participating in activities that may aggravate my pain, but I'm hesitant to go back to the Drs years on!

1 Replies

• paul45653 paul45653 missolympic

Right hip joint pain took me off the tennis court last november. After misdiagnosis as sciatica, finally got a referal to Orthopedic surgeon. He sees bone on bone, cartlidge gone. Going in for cortisone injection today. I am suffering many of the same problems as you, and am trying to avoid a hip replacement as the surgery presents risks with my other problems (triple bypass 6 years ago, Chronic kidney disease etc).

I have to use a cane all the time now. Some kind of brace would be interesting although I cant see how it would work.

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

Already approved

You can't report this, it's already been approved by a moderator.

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.