Chronic hives for a year and now persistent coughing attacks

Posted , 2 users are following.

My wife suffered with chronic hives for about a year without a clear diagnosis. At times she would suffer from allergic type reactions including throat closing and angiodema. Currently the hives have go e into remission but over the past 3 months she has suffered from a cough that now consists of thick mucus and at times results in trouble breathing, fever from the exacerbation, and fatigue. Original chest x-rays came back negative and all testing has come back negative on allergies. She does contine to have a slighlty elevated white blood count. But no one seems to be able to figure her condition out, any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kevin. if you are wondering if it could be Bronchiectasis, the difference i would say is the mucus gets stuck and will not come up with normal coughing most of the time . i hope some one can help you . 

Pam.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. Typically the mucus is extremely difficult for her to get out. She coughs unproductively around 98% of the time and then eventually something might come out and it can be as little as the size of a couscous grain. She feels it stuck in her chest and at times her throat which ends up causing more coughing. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.