Chronic infection

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had my 6 month check at the dentist today and mentioned to him about the blood blister ive had on the hard part of my gum just below one of my teeth on the bottom set.

It only seems to get sore (more uncomfortable really) when it fills up and I have poked it before and only blood comes out. The rest of the time its just there. It is sitting on the root of a tooth ive had capped so know there is no nerve in there now could this be why it's not really painful?

Anyway ive had it for ages (Id guess years) the dentist thinks it's a chronic infection and I'm going back at end of August to get it xrayed so he can see which tooth is causing it as he says its not bothering me now but has the potential to cause problems.

Has anyone else had something like this? How was it treated?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi there,

Yes I have the same problem on the top gum AND I have 2 of them now. Like you both nerves have gone in those front upper teeth. I've had mine for a while as well (the first one). I went to the dentist last week about them as the 2nd one is a newbie and it freaked me out.

When I just had the one my dentist performed an apicocectomy.........it's a long job doing that as it's a small procedure/operation. But the trouble with this kind of op is that they tend to come back. Only 40% chance of clearing it up completely. So hey ho it came back.

Had a couple of xrays and my dentist said it doesn't look any worse than it did a year ago (no infection and your body is draining the spots naturally) so I can just leave them alone if they're not bothering me (you can't see them)............BUT the next step for me would be to have implants with are EXTREMELY expensive and from start to finish can take months.

I have really nice teeth and a great smile so I was quite upset when these ugly spots raised their heads........problems, problems, problems.

Oh I'm also using an antibacterial mouthwash before I go to bed.

Hope this helps

Barb

• Posted

Thanks so much for the detailed reply.

Mine is right down near where my lip meets my gum so the dentist had never noticed till I pointed it out. It's not painful so had never brought it up thinking it was an ulcer. I'll see what the X-ray brings up and take it from there would hate for it to get bad an start causing pain

• Posted

I'm no doctor but I've used an old wives tale. Hold a raspberry to the sore spot. Like an hour, the acidity can draw out or kill the sore. Repeat as often as possible.

Good luck with the X-Rays. Just an old home remedy I've heard about.

• Posted

I have a condition called mucous membrane pemphigoid. Causes blood blisters. I have  permanent place in my mouth that if knocked by hard food it fills with blood. 

I had a biopsy taken to get the diagnosis. I have one above a tooth which has scarred. Cant tell you much more  except Im told its very rare. If you google it it looks a bit scarey but I think they show you the worst cases. It is an autoimune desease and all in all its not too bad for me. I pop them . My largest was the size of a 10 pence peice.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.