Chronic lightheaded ness

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi has anyone ever been so lightheaded they can barely stand or walk been like this 3 weeks now doc still saying anxiety.been lightheaded for 2 years but not this bad for so long xx 

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hey!

Are you on any medication with light headed side effects or have you recently switched medication? Day I get light headed are days I haven't drAnk enough liquids. Is your urine dark yellow? If so maybe you just need to drink more water. Good luck

• Posted

Hi,

Yes I get light headed a lot, I can still walk but my balance goes funny and I sometimes feel like I have to think about how I am walking.

It's such a horrible feeling, it puts me off going places x

• Posted

No I'm not on meds can't tolerate them,Tina is yours continuos for weeks on end 24/7.im struggling to walk up the stairs.im also very bunged up and around my eyes are burning,just finished anti bys for suspected sinus infection but no better and new doc says she thinks it's all anxiety,but surely I wouldn't be this bad xxx 
  • Posted

Yes! It's horrible, but it improves once you get your anxiety under control.... However you do that. It's a bit of a vicious circle until you find what works for you... Good luck x
  • Posted

Yes, and ringing in my ears. My doc said I have an imbalance, prescribed me something for it a few days ago. She said it was probably brought on by stress, which would explain it as I'm as I'm always so anxious and have been for months. Can you get a second opinion?
    • Posted

Omg, the tinitus is so annoying, but i can live with that... But the lightheadedness is debilitating at times
    • Posted

Imbalance of what cara? I'm beginning to wonder if mine is hormonal I stopped my contraceptive injection 6 months ago and wonder if this has anything to do with it,ent say I have a balance disorder and there is nothing they can do but docs say I may have a slight balance issue and anxiety is making it worse xx 
    • Posted

An imbalance in my ears is all she said. Which is causing the dizziness and ringing in ears. Last night I also had terrible ear ache and aching behind my ears. So aweful. If it is still this bad after the weeken I will be going back. 
  • Posted

My 'lightheaded feelings seem to be more 'heavy headed'.Either way,it affects everything I do,,or more to the point,everything I cannot do.So far today I have not got up as i have had so much stress since Februarythis year.It culminated yesterday in a positive outcome,but has left me physically drained and I feel so shattered today that I cannot function.My anxiety levels are so high as I have a constant fear of becoming so ill that I will end up in hospital.It does not help that I live completely alone and my family backup is non existent due to the fact that the relatives I have left are living in the USA.I am in my seventies and scared.I am sure the light/heavyheadedness is due to my anxiety,but I do not take medication for what I consider to be valid reasons.CBT therapy could be an answer but all that takes time.

i know that  if I did not feel so isolated and had more company around it would help me by at least 50 %".There are things I should be doing today ,but the best I will be able to manage is get to the kitchen,let alone the front door!

i sympathise with you.Feeling off balance is really scary,but there are times when it seems to subside for a while.

wendl.

• Posted

Yes most of time also when go out like in daze and when get up quick or do something is this your only thing mangoo
  • Posted

Mine is always there but yes there are periods when I can at least do the school run havnt been able to do that,I have so many symptoms it's stupid I've had these for 2 years everyday to some degree,chest pain,back neck shoulder ribs chronic at times p,tingling numb heavy legs constantly,terrible vision,nausea lost 3 stone in 2 months last year,headache,tinnitus,bunged up,wheezy,and the lightheaded ness which is the worse,I was meant to start my 2 nd round of cbt yesterday but had to cancel,sorry if this is a bit jib very I have a 5 year old nagging me to play feel so sorry for him cos I can't even play with him xxxx 
  • Posted

Ahh sorry you feel that with your child not your fault I feel same my partner at work have to fight hide it when she comes home I have no pains but all the others and more feel mad sometimes I've been trying fight it so long but can't when don't know whats wrong they always say I'm physicaly healthy but no good if I cant funtion wasted ten years more my life I've got nothing to be depressed about other than this feeling hope u come to a conclusion and really don't feel bad about ur child ur blessed to have and if they could understand they wouldnt blame you take care
    • Posted

Do you have these symtoms daily 24/7 I'm like you the only thing I have to be anxious about are these bloody symptoms xx 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.