chronic pain-self help

Posted , 4 users are following.

I thought it might be helpful if we could post here anything other than medication that sufferers have found helpful with their pain issues. I have most of my pain in my lower legs and feet and was getting worried that my reduced mobility would affect my health, Have since found that the swimming pool is a good place to move your body around. I guess it reduces the pressure on the nerves.

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

The pain in the feet and legs that I occasionally get is helped by using a rebounder/minitrampoline. It has a stabilizer bar too so it's safe.

The cerebral nerve thing is harder to deal with, though I've tried ice packs ( gel ) my head just isn't into being touched.

The esophagus nerve pain is often helped by something cold. At least temporarily. I try cold water, nothing else.

• Posted

Hello Adam, i agree that is a good idea. Supporting one another is what this forum is all about.

Elizabeth.

• Posted

I've had a couple of sessions of Cranial sacral therapy which is a gentle form of massage that deals with the bones of the head, spinal column and sacrum.  It helps alleviate compression in those areas.  I've found it also helps with the neuralgia I have in my face and scalp.
    • Posted

Julie, what did it feel like when you were getting the therapy? did it disturb all the nerves in your face and scalp? 
    • Posted

Hi Lisa There's hardly any pressure at all.  To be honest with you I did think this can't possibly be doing anything for me because it was such a light touch.   I felt a bit washed out afterwards but in a good way.  I've had no adverse effects to my face and scalp but definitely less pressure there which used to weigh me down.  The pain in my neck which I originally went for is a lot better as well.  Since I've had the therapy I've felt so much better and had more energy.  Whether it works for everyone I don't know but even the tingling in my hands and feet have got a lot better.

There's a few videos on youtube about it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.