Chronic Resistant Deppressive Obsessional

Posted , 3 users are following.

My name is JABIR MALIK.I was overprotected by my parents who are died now.MY mother was depressive person but not beyond the limit.I developed OCD,when ever i face responsibilities.OCD make you disable in earning field.I have also long period of depression.I want to get rid of it,but it is not easy.I married with 3 kids,so worried about them.I am university Graduate in Journalism.May be my past history also made me more sad.Any solution Please.Thanks.

2 likes, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello Jabir, Maybe Counselling would be the best, it is non judgemental and confidential. Have you spoken to your GP there are medications for depression. Keeping active and healthy eating is good for mental health. Depresssion is anger that is turned inward and therefore you need to find out what as caused this. Sometimes it things we cannot change from the past, and i guess that your OCD stems from this. OCD is a form of controlling our emotions. Go to your GP and explain how you are feeling and ask what they can offer.

Best wishes.

Elizabeth. 

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Anafranil was medicine that i have used for long period of time.But it effects my memeory.Any new medicine,do you know?Ocd has root in childhood period when parents overprtect the kid.Also harsh upbringing and conflict between parents are another reason.I am only son of my parents.

My mother was victim of anxiety and mild depression.And i was close to mom.What is GP?Thanks for reply.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Jabir, A GP is your doctor. Are you in the UK or another Country? as Athol below has said yoou have acheived alot in your life already, and to get your medication checked. I don't know of the drug Anafranil so cannot comment on this. 
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Jabir. Just because your mother had anxiety and depression issues doesn't mean that you have. You are your own person. If your parents were over-protective you may need to learn how to take responsibilty - but slowly. It will obviously be a bit scary as you gain mastery but the fact that you have achieved going to university, got married and had three kids is a massive achievement already. Having three kids can be overwhelming to anyone and all parents worry about their children. It may be that all you lack is a bit of confidence in yourself. As Elizabeth says, talk to your Doctor (GP) and arrange to talk to a counsellor. Exercise and healthy eating will help your depression. Also I would arrange through your doctor to have your medication re-assessed. Good luck.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks for reply.

I belong to Pakistan,you know owing to politiical instability is major cause that make my country unstable in economics.I need new good medicine to can relieve anxiety and reacted depression.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Clomipramine(Anafranil) was medicine that i have used for long period of time but not full dose.In last i felt memory loss,that was side effect of medicine.So i quit to take medicine.I need new salt for OCD with less side effect.
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up