Chronic sinusitis and anxiety?!?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I developed anxiety 5 months ago and chronic sinusitis 3 months ago. Can the two be connected? Does anyone else suffer from both of these? I’m very scared. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Don't be scared, sinusitis is very common and rarely a sign of something sinister (for the hypochondriac response yes, the internet does say there can POTENTIALLY be a risk of chronic sinusitis in relation to the brain but this would be extremely rare cases, and you would feel very ill with it. There'd be other signs)

I guess it's possible an anxiety could be contributing but i don't know if it'd be the direct cause. More likely the stress from it is leaving your immune system a bit outta whack.

I get inflammation in my nose regularly, have done for years. It causes blockages on a regular basis, and my Dr suggested I tried swapping my fabric softener and washing powder to echo friendly version as sometimes that causes a reaction. It can so flare up due to pollen or certain soaps or perfumes. I have a nasal spray if it gets really bad.

Go see the Dr and check for any inflammation in the nasal lining, explain your symptoms but I'm sure you'll be just fine.

• Posted

Yes I have both aniexty since I was 10 and chronic sinusitis when I was like 20 am 31 now if they affect each other but I deal with them would like to know of a connection as well if there is any
  • Posted

its highly unlikely sinus problems are very common indeed but treatable, Try not to worry.
  • Posted

i Have sinus headaches OFTEN. OFTEN. I have environmental allergies and for me it goes hand in hand. I have some health anxiety and I sometimes worry briefly about the amount of sinus trouble I have but I generally chalk it up to all my allergies. 

Do u have allergies?  Big time allergy season here!  🤕 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.