Chronic symptom(s)?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Im curious to see if anyone notices a lingering symptom or maybe a  set of symptoms that persist on a chronic level?

I have experienced full blown anxiety 2 days post surgery (12years ago). My very first symptom before other full blown symptoms was a tight/tingling/numb sensation down my left arm and in between my ring and middle finger. Interestingly, it's a symptom that has lingered on with me through the years. When I practice deep relaxation, the tightness and numbness sensation is way more pronounced and it feels as if I can't sit with it. Best analogy is it feels as if someone is tickling you and you can't escape. Other muscles on my body also get real tight but there's definitely a correlation with the left arm symptom. Neurologists ruled anything negative and think it's somatic. 

So does anyone have this particular symptom on a consistent basis?  If so, which body part or limb and what does it feel like?

Thanks!

0 likes, 14 replies

Report / Delete

14 Replies

• Posted

I do but myou symptoms is unlike yours. .mine is the chest discomforts and sore/tension muscles almost all the time..but every morning that will be the first sensations I feel upon waking up..like a really sore and tensed up chest muscle..like as if I did something vigorous in my sleep..I did told the docs they say it's anxiety as I have had 5 ecgs and other tests to determine my health..so docs says I'm healthy just anxiety. .I'm looking forward to getting rid of this chest soreNess but I'm at my wits end..I don't know how to get rid of it..I'm trying to have a baby now so I really wanna feel good and healthy
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yea I used to get the chest tightness but it subsided and morphed into other symptoms. I can relate to you though and it think it may be relevant to the symptom I am referring to. It's great you had doctors rule out everything, hardest part is accepting and treating the anxiety. How does your chest feel after meditating or doing something really relaxing?  I've read that somatic experiencing can help if it can be applied correctly. 
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I have had "pressure" in my head, not a headache but a feeling like my head is full or has a tight rubber band around it. It has lasted weeks and so has derealization. I also get muscle spasms.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I have this exact same thing down my right arm and have had it for over 3 months since the start of a very bad depression/stress and anxiety. I have been explaining it like a tickle and no one understands what I'm talking about. With me it is feels like exactly that a tickle feeling down the whole arm into the palm of my hand. I feel like i have to constantly massge it and when try8ng to lay down its hard to gwt comfortable. Its almost like the butterflies feeling that you get in your stomach but down your arm. My arm muscles like the shoulder triceps and biceps and under my arm feel tight and like they fatigue quickly like after lifting weights especially when raising my arm up. I also get these annoying little muscle twitches everywhere. Does this sound like what you have?
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply. Yes it does sound like my symptom!  A lot of common anxiety symptoms make sense but this one always puzzled me. It seems to be always with me but flares up under more stress. Have you tried deep relaxation and mindfulness?  I'm curious if you tried lying down real comfortably and let your muscles deeply relax.  Do your muscle become tense and does that arm tickle/tightness symptom become more noticeable?  If so, try not to be scared of it but just observe it and keep muscles deeply relaxed. Do you notice any change in the symptom?  I'm just trying ways to treat and hopefully heal this nagging symptom. I notice change when I relax but it's not enough to get rid of it unfortunately. 
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up