Chronic vaginitis linchen simplex vuvlar vestibules

Posted , 12 users are following.

I have been suffering with chronic BV for almost 5 years now I have tried everything you think of probotic antibiotic you name it I've done the chronic BV has caused all the other problems I know have the contact dermatitis is so frustrating because I don't know what's causing it I don't know if I have some sort of food allergy or if I should go get tested for it..I've kind of figured out my body after going through this all these years and I've learned to cure myself but it doesn't stay away I've been to the Unversity of Iowa may clinic and everywhere locally I'm at a lose..it has ruined my sexual life and personal life i would rather cry myself to sleep or stay in bed also they said sugar is not a culprite but i believe it is anybody have any suggestions for me? I would so appreciate it! Thank you

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I just do what i can to keep the symptoms to a minimum. I have tried it all except the Femdolphilus 5 billion refrig. . Guess that will be my next stop. Its unbelievable how resistant BV is to all these remedies.
    • Posted

I know my doctors are kind of at lose for words because I had my Pap smear and I had BV and a yeast infection and when I had my appointment at mayo clinic everything came back normal and I never touched the metronidazole because it doesn't work so I pretty much cleared up my own infection but nobody knows why it keeps coming I will continue to do my research I'm determined to fight this

• Posted

You say you never touched the metronidazole, because it dosnt work!

Have you tried it at least once or are you going of what you read , because I took this medicine thinking it's not going to work at all and it has and it has not returned xxx

• Posted

It used to work I have been getting BV for over 5 years I've tried everything metronidazole doesn't work for me it makes me feel worse then i did before there's something else going on with me

• Posted

When I tell you the doctors have done everything I mean EVERYTHING metronidazole, metro jel,clindamcin, boric acid, violet gentian
    • Posted

Yeah a lot of ppl say that, I found it worked for me but I had to stop smoking and wearing mesh type thongs or I could feel it starting up again soons I stoped, with no need for more meds it was a horrible thing I was really bad with it at one point where I could smell it through pants and trousers just gets you really low , have you tried asking for like some sort of cervical test swabs or culture test ,? Or even a scan of some sort if you feel there is more going on, I don't know if o could of had trich and the meds took that away but then I'm thinking we'll surely if it was that it would be back when I slept with my partner who wasnt treated? rolleyes but it didn't come back after sex with him so im puzzled too it's such a weird thing.

• Posted

I haven't had a cervical test or anything done mayo clinic is mailing me all of my tests results and I am going to give them to my obgyn her locally and she what she wants to do I wouldn't wear thongs those are a bacterial infection waiting to happen your vagina can't breath and that could have been it probotics will be your best friend and diet and lifestyle changes help a bit..just trying to find something that will cure it long term

• Posted

I don't know in what country you live but in europe they sell an antisepticum for bv. It works different than antibiotics and bacteria are les likely to become resistent. I can't use a brandname here but the working substance is dequalinium chloride. If you want more info send me a private message.

• Posted

Have you tried the violet gentian? Make half and half with water and insert with a tampon. It really works, but you have to take care of you overall health with vitamin D probiotics and take care of your gut with resistant starch. It worked for me.
    • Posted

I've had that done in Iowa city a few times it would work but then it would come back how long did you leave it in there for? Did you do it just once?

• Posted

Where do you get the resistant starch what exactly do I need to do with it?
    • Posted

You leave for 4 hours for 3 days, bv or yeast disappears but you need the other stuff to maintain. The resistant starch I get from banana flour the Brazilian brand works well for me it controls your blood sugar levels and maintain good health gut. The gut produces the bad bacterias that is why you need to control the source but once the bad bacterias are there you need to kill with antiseptic like violet gentian.
    • Posted

From amazon, 1 tbsp with water before your meals 3 times a day.
    • Posted

Thank you so much I will try this really hope it helps I have been changing my diet as well hoping for some results what kind of probotics do you use?
    • Posted

I use the Reuteri and acidophilus. I take one a day and insert the Reuteri every other day. I used to have after sex but then now I only had one incident in the last 6 months and then I did the violet just for one day and kept doing the other things and it hasn't come back ever since. My plan is to stop some of this things or reduce, but they say you have to do for a while, specially the banana flour takes up to 6 months to get the full benefits.

• Posted

Do you take the acidophilus and reuteri separate or as as combination?
    • Posted

Does the gentian Violet have to be a certain percentage? Or does it matter?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.