CIC - RE and heart palpitations

Posted , 7 users are following.

For several years, I had ED, in forms of difficulty in achieving and maintaining an erection. I also noted and posted on this forum that whenever I ate meat, especially beef, my libido improved. In addition, I also had heart palpitations which seemed to be solved also by the same meat eating method.

Recently, my ED and heart palpitations both disappeared. Nothing have changed except for a switch in catheters I used for self cathing, I don't bleed anymore. I used to bleed often. Only a small amount at a time so I did not think it would matter. Now to think of it, I was anemic once before as a result of blood donation too often. The blood loss from self cathing accumulated was probably enough to cause me to be anemic again and again, resulting in RE and palpitations.

Hope this helps.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hank

Thank you for your post. I am happy that it has worked for you. Meat has protein so that could have help. It may have help you with your testosterone level which help you with the libido.

It is no harm in trying it. It may help other men to

Good for you...All the best......Ken

• Posted

Thanks Ken. I think I was low in both iron and B12. I'll look into beef and testosterone.

• Posted

Hey Hank

My iron is good but I do take B-12 was down last time I did blood work.

Testosterone was 400 which my doctor said was good for my age. Do not eat a lot of red meat. But I do like a nice steak with fried onions and mushroom. Have not had that for a while.

I'm going to have to do some research in seeing if there is something with eating meatWhat are the benefits of eating it and how much should we eat.

Have a great day and Happy Father's Day.........................Ken

• Posted

Hank,

Sounds like you may have a low level of iron - the beef helps that. You should get a CBC blood test and have your doctor add a Ferritin test to that. I had this condition last year after some gastric issues and was able to bring my iron and HGB levels back up with an iron supplement tablet.

Tom

• Posted

Tom, I think I was low in iron and B12. Next time I'll ask for iron test. Thanks.

• Posted

Yes, most Brands of catheters cause me to bleed. However, I have found that Cure catheters are very well made, have super smooth surfaces and "fire polished" eyelets, which do not cause me any injury nor any pain. I recommend the pre lubricated for the smoothest and easiest in and out. IMHO

• Posted

Yes, after trying out many different brands the brand I am using now is Cure. I prefer the prelubed but am using the nolubed because I am too cheap. 😀 McKesson is another soft brand at even lower cost.

• Posted

Hmm, the tiltle should have been "CIC - ED and ....". Hank

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.