Cicking and Clunking ??

Posted , 9 users are following.

I had my THR just before christmas and everything has been great. I am very active and life has resumed to normal. But I find that when I walk my hip produces a lot of clicking and clunking as if something has not settled. I don't remember it happening when I first started walking. Is the clunking normal - will it disappear in time ??

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi john

I remember my surgeon saying to me one side effect is clicking in the hip, I haven't had that myself but I'm having mine redone in 2 weeks after one year it's not in the right place so I have other issues but have never had clicking or clunking, do you go to physio?

• Posted

Hi I just want to congratulate you! I also had my hip done just before Christmas but I am still struggling especially at night time, I am having second hip done on 1st April and hopefully I will have a quicker recovery! I am sorry not sure what the clicking can be? perhaps you should have it checked I hope it solves itself take care

• Posted

I used to get squeaking from my hip, it only seemed to do it in hot weather. It felt very odd when it happened which was usually when tying shoelaces. Many of us get odd noises from our new hardware.

• Posted

I know what your talking about. I am 13 months post THR and it started around 6 months when I became more active.I asked my surgeon about it at my 1 year follow up and he just shrugged it off stating that it does happen sometimes. I notice it especially when I stand and lift my leg up as to put on pants, when it comes back down it does I feel it grinding and clicking. I guess it's something we will have to put up with. I feel like it needs some oil!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.