Cilalopram and stomach ach

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

Does anyone experience a bloated stomach, does it ach and feel swollen, was on 10mg for 3 weeks then on 20mg for 2 weeks now, I am also feeling over anxious today as well, is it working and can citalopram aggrivate IBS (irritable bowel syndrome). Does it affect a persons time of the months as well, does it make if more painful.

Why do I feel more anxious today!

If anyone has any experience of this please advise as would like to know.

Thanks and chin up to those who take this type of medication.

x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi

well ive only been takin 2 days and today i am yawning my head off really cant stop yawning ive had dioareah too and cant spell that .

but cant wait to get home to bed i suffer ibs so not shore if i agravates it ? im glad i found this site debi .

• Posted

Hi Indigo, are you very sensitive to fatty foods and carbohydrates?

The only thing I can say about it, to help, is that from my iwn experience, it seemed to give me trapped wind. Even if I ate little, which was a common daily occurence, my tummy would explode and id look like I had a muffin hanging out. ( oh dear -did I say that?.). I mean a big tummy. Sorry, i dont do this pil anymore, hope I never need to. maybe you could try upping your fruit and fibre intake......I get so bored eating healthily...I just want to be bad. Actually, to be honest , I am more bad than good.

If it is still upsetting you and you still feel uncomfy , after these attempts, perhaps you should explain your symptoms to your doctor. Whatever you do, get the professional help (when you feel the need). Dont do what I do/did.

Hugs to you . Hope I have helped. try not to worry, The more you worry , the more you will aggravate your IBS.

• Posted

Hi Indigo, Yes, yes, yes, I've been on Citalopram for over a year now and I do suffer from bad tummy pains and a horrible bloated feeling, so you aree not alone,I am trying to come off them, but as yet have not been able to get below 5 mgs a day before the withdrawl symptoms hit in, and they for me have been worse, but I will try again, don't worry you are not alone, there are moderators here who will hep all they can I'm sure, all the best, get well soon.

Regards M.

• Posted

Thanks for you advise, I have been to the doctors and am reducing down to 10mg as I want to come off them at some point. Have also been advised to eat a high fibre diet because of the IBS, I think it is helping.

Thanks again for all your advise.

M x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.