Cipramil dosage!

Posted , 5 users are following.

My GP has increased my dose of cipramil from 20mg to 30mg on Monday as I am going through a rough patch at present. How long will it take for the 30mg dose to take effect?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Niall

Increasing means you're likely to have start up side effects again especially going from 10 to 20 and as for how long will it take before you start feeling the benefits, it varies from person to person. It could take weeks or even months from reading many of the posts here. I increased from 7.5 to 10 several weeks ago and haven't leveled out yet, getting good and bad days still. You never know, you may be one of the lucky ones. Best wishes😊.

Report Reply
    • Posted

Hi Lina

I am gone up from 20 to 30 since Monday. I will probably have to go up to 40 in 2 weeks and stay on that dosage for a while. I probably am just getting some side effects. Hopefully they will level out soon.

Report Reply
    • Posted

Hi Niall

I am not as experienced as some here but from reading other people's experiences your doctor seems to be increasing your dose rather rapidly. Each time you increase you are going to get start up effects. To go from 20 to 30 to 40 in under a month seems a lot. Increasing your dose can also increase your anxiety initially.

Try to look up some of the posts on this site from katecogs, she has helped many people and her posts are from her own experience and well worth reading.😊

Report Reply
  • Posted

hi!

i too just got bumped from 20mg to 30mg and i dont seem to be having any side effects as i did when i went onto 20mg but for 2 weeks it was very uncomfortable to say the least.... id give it a week or 2 (since its already in your system)

regards,

James

Report Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up