Circulation in leg

Posted , 7 users are following.

6 months TKR and new things pop up.  My leg now fells like the circulation is off down my calf and my foot . Still swells around knee a lot and lots of crunching and clicking which just started a month ago. Anyone else experience?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Wow Jeanette. I'm almost 6 months I just had to have my knee drained. I wish I never had this surgery done. I'm walking and I hear click cluck click in my knee and they say it's normal. I also have the same feeling from my knee to calf.

• Posted

Jeanette, I'm post op of 8 months. My legs are discolored and look blotchy. I been having a little swelling and pain,popping,clicking and burning sensations. Recently I fell and messed up my shoulder and pulled my Achilles tendon.My leg has been giving out on me for a while. When i addressed the Dr about the popping , clicking and all the other things, he said it was normal? Now my knee has moderate swelling and a bakers cyst. Are you having any pain in your calf or any other symptoms? Such as hot to the touch or coldness?

• Posted

Hi Tina, my knee gives way for me too, I'm trying to build it up as much as I can. Need to work on building up the muscles.  I don't mind the popping, I actually find it kind of funny.  Change the perception and it changes. It is normal to have the popping.  It's a fake knee, small price to pay.

• Posted

yes just started in my calf. Not really painful but changes like no circulation same with my foot :-(. Just don't know why I didn't experience this a month ago and now I am :-(. No hot or cold just warm confused

• Posted

Hi Jeanette,

my tkn is 9 months and it pops crakes and everything else. i am in so much pain right now. they taped it to keep my knee in one place but that is not helping. i just put the lidocaine on both my legs as they hurt all over. i was told to day that it will go away. it better hurry as i can hardly stand. good luck to you 

• Posted

oh dear :-(. It's so wierd usually when u have surgery and things go good they don't switch to gone bad :-(. Have to get the other one done jan 2018 don't want to :-(

• Posted

Hi Jeanette, yep it all keeps changing but for a great result in the end.  Go back to the rice method - rest ice compression and elevation. 
    • Posted

I just find it crazy after 5 months this started :-( shouldn't it b getting better not worse? 

• Posted

Jeanette, I'm unsure about these outcomes. I didn't have a total knee replacement. I had the kneecap replacement. It's not been good for me. I started off with the pain and swelling. Then I had a terrible rash break out on my incision. It itched like crazy. They never did a test to see if I was allergic to it. No rash since then. I was doing PT but had to stop because I was in tears. I started seeing bony looking knots all over knee that turned out to be sutures.knew was giving out on me. Stiffness is terrible and wakes me up alot. The other knee has been needing the surgery but I don't want it with the issues I'm having with the really bad leg. My Dr knows it was a failed surgery and won't do the tkr. I really hope your not having a circulation issue? They can do a vascular study to see if that's the issue. I hope you find relief soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.