Cit just masks things

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was on citalopram for over 10 years then it just stopped working what I can say with my experience is if I would have known what I know now I would have never started them but that's to late now last 3 years have been hard tried lots of ad's with no joy from what I went though with cit is it doesn't solve the problems it just masks things and numb things I'm staring to deal with my problems instead of just taking ad's to mask things what I would say to people is try all the natural things first before starting ad's exercise eat good things councilin Cbt meditation yoga only use ad's as a last resort ??

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

It took you 10 years to realize it wasn't working for you ?? That's what your saying if you'd of known then why 10years ? Yeah I'm questioning you because I believe this forum is set up and designed to guide and support others. The last thing any of us need is negativity and Debbie downers. For some meds are the answer and each individual needs to find what works for them. This forum isn't to put fear or regret in our minds. Glad you have found another avenue that is working for you !

• Posted

Hi Don, The medication is designed to increase our serontonin its not a pain killer where it masks signals to brain, sorry to hear it stopped working maybe the dosage needs to be increased? Citalopram has worked for many people normally the question is what dosage rather than not working at all? I agree with the comment that we should try good diet,exercise and use as last resort however most if not all on this forum have found they are in their last resort me included I know that I need the serontonin meds to keep me leveled all the best.
  • Posted

Hi Don,

I know how you feel. I too have been on them for several years. I still get good and bad days. I am getting lots of new symptoms such as neck and middle back aches, joint and muscular aches yet all my tests are normal. I am starting to wonder if they are because of citalopram. Reading these posts it seems that others have experienced weird symptoms after taking this drug for some time.

I realise that they are a life line for some people but quite honestly, I wish I had never started taking them. I am going to try weaning off them, again.

• Posted

I'm where u are now

Back pain contact upset tummy. Have stopped taking them but now I'm feeling lost but I'm feeling and am not numb.

I am so unsure weather to continue to detox or to go back on them

I just don't want to be on drugs and the sidea effects are getting worse including weight gain

• Posted

Completly numb. No joy. No excitement. No guilt. No Fear. No love

Just nothing

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.