cit relapse

Posted , 1 user is following.

ive been on cit 20 mg now for the past 5 months after two years of a living hell with anxiety to the point where i couldnt leave the house .I suffered all the usual side effect on cit along with the meds i have also been having counselling and doing all the other things we r told to do .Up until the past week i had made great prgress but this past week i have taken a turn for the worse and theres no reason y im wondering if i need to increase my dosage i feel sad at this has i was hoping to start decreasing it it really has knocked me for six i feel so down sad

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hey,dont feel hard on urself,it is still great progress,give it a couple more days,try n relax and do something that u like,if u still dont feel right,go and see ur gp,dont be disheartened,its happened to me and they upped my dosage,it can feel frustrating but hey,we are fighters,depression and anxiety is not a sign of wekness,its a sign that weve been strong for to long and we are in desperate need of a break :D i say scrap the meds,send us on a 3 week pampering holiday in the carribean every 6 months :wink:
  • Posted

Hi - I agree - don't be so hard on yourself. I have been on this for nearly 2 years.

First was on 10mg for a month, then 20mg for 2 months then 30mg for quite a while. It was suggested to me that I try excersise to help with my depression / anxiety. I discovered I really liked walking !! And felt so much better in parks or counrtyside. I also went to a gym - one for women only - it's circuits with pop music - so much fun and only takes 30 mins a visit - it helps me feel great - I would never have believed it - I am so not a gym person - but this is so different and I was prepared to try nearly anything to help get well !

I was able to drop to 20mg - on that for quite a long time. Then 10mg with a view to stopping gradually. However, life hit with lots of probs - so dr and I decided not a good time to stop yet.

I'd say - talk with your dr - don't worry about what dose you are on - it's what works for you, but I understand where you're coming from, as I used to think that. Good luck to you - hope this helps a bit !

• Posted

oh thanks for ur postive comments feeling bit better i do exeercise and i dont drive so i have to walk everywhere anyway.I have tried everything has u all know we would walk over hot coals just to feel normal once again.I do belive that its the time of year too everyone else stressing round me bout xmas we have been snowed in also for days so that doesnt help,worrying bout money it being xmas and my down fall is worrying bout be anxious so im in a terrible cycle .Im going to get xmas over with and see how i feel x
  • Posted

I have been on 20mg since August and mostly it has been great. I have had two relapses since then both of which have lasted a week and felt like they were forever, but I have managed to climb out as quickly as I fell in again. Just take care of yourself in the bad times as it's easy to imagaine yourself right back where you started which is soul destroying and just makes it harder to pick up. On the whole going on citalopram has been a brilliant choice for me but you do need to keep in mind that it takes the dge off rather than cures depression and anxiety. Hope things pick up for you quick.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.